MacInsiders Logo
Old 05-07-2013 at 10:26 AM   #1
Jesse.C
Account Locked

Liked: 30 Times

Hsr
Why the fuck are HSR buses always late? Literally, always!!
Old 05-07-2013 at 11:38 AM   #2
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

This is true..... finding out how late they are is actually a new hobby of mine.
When you get on the bus next time, take a peak at that touch screen monitor they always press, it usually has a time on it, an indication of whether it is late or early (notice i didnt say on time** :p) and how late the bus is.

dam buses are always 10 min early or late... really annoying. especially if they are early then you have to wait another 30-50 min for the next one.

Last edited by Chevalier : 05-07-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Jesse.C likes this.
Old 05-07-2013 at 11:47 AM   #3
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Yep, well for me i found that the 34 is rarely on time :/

That's why i always leave some time when waiting for the hsr. So if the bus is supposed to come at 11:30, i am usually there before some time, so say around 11:20.
Sometimes the bus comes after 10 minutes of the scheduled time -__-
yea, i hate the 34, especially in the morning...

Jesse.C likes this.
Old 05-07-2013 at 05:21 PM   #4
Jesse.C
Account Locked

this fucking piss me off, today i ended up walking to school...
Old 05-07-2013 at 05:46 PM   #5
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

^^ that too... the frequency is also ridiculous. last week I walked from Camelot towers to west village suite without the bus showing up. I guess i just missed it when i left, but still to be able to walk all that way without another bus passing you by is not cool.
Old 05-07-2013 at 05:59 PM   #6
jim1
Elite Member

lol you guys are talking about walking and i am like noooooo way! I take 2 hsr buses and there's no way i can walk to downtown from my place :p will take forever that's why i wait for the bus, even if it's 10 minutes late :/
Old 05-07-2013 at 06:37 PM   #7
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Not all routes are late, some drivers are more stringent than others. I always head to the stop at least 10 minutes before the arrival time; it doesn't kill you to go a little early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
lol you guys are talking about walking and i am like noooooo way! I take 2 hsr buses and there's no way i can walk to downtown from my place :p will take forever that's why i wait for the bus, even if it's 10 minutes late :/

I hear ya.
Luckily for me though, I take the 25 so I'm guaranteed a bus every 20 minutes at least. It's the lesser serviced routes that are the problem... like the 43. Got stuck in a snowstorm out by cineplex in the cold for an hour waiting for a bus that wasn't running anywhere close to the scheduled times. You can't even head for shelter anywhere because you don't know when it's going to show up.

Mac students can complain all they want, if you live within walking distance, you have it easy x/ some of us live in this city all the time and have to deal with this stuff for day to day living.
How does anyone on stoney creek mountain get to limeridge on a sunday with no bus service? they'd have to take like 3 busses >__<
Old 05-07-2013 at 06:53 PM   #8
jim1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
It's the lesser serviced routes that are the problem... like the 43. Got stuck in a snowstorm out by cineplex in the cold for an hour waiting for a bus that wasn't running anywhere close to the scheduled times. You can't even head for shelter anywhere because you don't know when it's going to show up.
That actually happened to me before! We left cineplex ancaster after a late movie and ended up walking all the way to the gas station that is on the intersection of golf link and stone church..if i remember correctly it was winter :| yeaa not a pleasant experience lol. I have had many problems with the 43 before :/
Old 05-07-2013 at 08:32 PM   #9
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
That actually happened to me before! We left cineplex ancaster after a late movie and ended up walking all the way to the gas station that is on the intersection of golf link and stone church..if i remember correctly it was winter :| yeaa not a pleasant experience lol. I have had many problems with the 43 before :/
lol, I was talking about cineplex stoney creek though that one is a pain to get to because only the 43 goes there.
usually if I'm going to ancaster cineplex I never even bother with the 43 because the 41 is more reliable. you can catch it at the terminal area by the soccer field and tim hortons.
Old 05-07-2013 at 08:47 PM   #10
sarahsullz
Sock Scientist
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 105 Times

SO BRUTAL. I have to take a 27 to work and it was literally 16 minutes late today. I was ready to scream by the time they got there.
(22:09:17) Entropy: k now I need someone else to fill in the void
(22:10:14) ChatBot: Desda logs into the Chat.
Old 05-07-2013 at 09:12 PM   #11
Ponyo

Liked: 274 Times

the bus was super late this morning and when we passed by a couple of stops ... didn't even stop !!! just passed by the students, they were all like http://i.imgur.com/79uPeyO.jpg?1?9669
one guy actually flipped the driver XD funny but i felt bad for them
besides there wasnt even a bus behind us to pick them.

jim1 likes this.
Old 05-08-2013 at 11:11 AM   #12
Jesse.C
Account Locked

30 minutes passed, the bus still hasn't come. WTFF
Old 05-08-2013 at 12:32 PM   #13
amare

Liked: 22 Times

The HSR is a joke. There are so many problems with them, I dont even want to begin writing about all of them. The one thing I will say is that whoever came up with the bright idea of bunching the 1A, 5 and 51 buses together so that if you miss all 3 of them you have to wait another 20 minutes, really should go back to high school at the very least. A 10 year old can figure out that doing this is not a good idea.

ashleighp likes this.
Old 05-10-2013 at 05:05 PM   #14
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by amare View Post
The HSR is a joke. There are so many problems with them, I dont even want to begin writing about all of them. The one thing I will say is that whoever came up with the bright idea of bunching the 1A, 5 and 51 buses together so that if you miss all 3 of them you have to wait another 20 minutes, really should go back to high school at the very least. A 10 year old can figure out that doing this is not a good idea.
Transit is an imperfect thing. Nobody 'came up with the idea of bunching up busses'... it just happens. Are you stupid?

Have you ever been on a TTC bus and because it's behind schedule it would inform you that it is turning around before it reaches the end of it's route? Yup... HSR takes the approach to introduce intentional delays sometimes to keep with the schedule. They certainly need to stagger a bit more, but bunching happens because you can't delay if its not behind on its schedule.
Old 05-10-2013 at 07:11 PM   #15
Jesse.C
Account Locked

Where can I find the schedule for the buses?