Jesse.C
Account Locked

Liked: 30 Times

The 5 buses are always late...
Old 05-10-2013 at 07:35 PM   #17
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

How do you know they're late if you don't know the schedule?

Seriously though, just google it.
Old 05-10-2013 at 07:38 PM   #18
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse.C View Post
Where can I find the schedule for the buses?
Bookmark this: http://www.hamilton.ca/CityServices/...rentSchedules/
Old 05-11-2013 at 02:12 AM   #19
amare

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Have you ever been on a TTC bus and because it's behind schedule it would inform you that it is turning around before it reaches the end of it's route? Yup... HSR takes the approach to introduce intentional delays sometimes to keep with the schedule. They certainly need to stagger a bit more, but bunching happens because you can't delay if its not behind on its schedule.
In fact i'm from Toronto and I take the TTC practically everyday when i'm home for the summer. I would rather have the TTC's bus scheduling anyday of the week, over the HSR. Aside from the occasional short turning with buses, the bus system is a lot more efficient then the HSR. Only in Hamilton will you find a bus thats 30 mins behind schedule (ie: the delaware bus)
Old 05-11-2013 at 02:15 AM   #20
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

The delaware is probably only late frequently because it's off-season and they have fewer of them running the routes. As I said, there are many other routes still running on time because they're more frequently used.

and you can't really compare the HSR to the TTC because toronto has way more busses than we do and more of them on each route since their budget is bigger. I was on the outskirts of TO on a saturday and I counted like 5 busses going by in 15 minutes. Plus, toronto has the luxury of the subway and streetcars. The HSR can barely make ends meet as it is; it's underfunded and overcapacity. You want to blame someone? blame the idiots up in our city hall.

Jesse.C, Watoko like this.
Old 11-15-2013 at 03:46 AM   #21
johnsond

Liked: 1 Time

There are so many problems with them, I dont even want to begin writing about all of them. The one thing I will say is that whoever came up with the bright idea of bunching the 1A, 5 and 51 buses together so that if you miss all 3 of them you have to wait another 20 minutes, really should go back to high school at the very least.
Old 11-20-2013 at 07:04 PM   #22
quinta

Liked: 18 Times

I have the opposite problem lol. The bus I need in the morning always comes early so I tend to miss a lot of morning classes :(
#CommuterLyfe
Old 11-21-2013 at 09:29 PM   #23
Nikita

Liked: 2 Times

Haha I also have the opposite problem... I live near the beginning of the 35 route and it's almost always early. On the bright side, I occasionally get a good morning workout from chasing after said buses.

Also, the 43 absolutely sucks. I used to take it to get to Meadowlands so I could hop on the 5A to get to Mac, but for this year they changed it so that 43 was scheduled to arrive one minute AFTER the 5A departs... How bloody convenient. :/ I wonder why the heck they would make that change to the schedule.