MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

HSR Question

Old 08-27-2009 at 01:27 AM   #1
Joann
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 8 Times

HSR Question
Can our new stickers now placed on our ID cards be used for busing around Hamilton or do we have to wait until September?
Old 08-27-2009 at 01:34 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobee View Post
Can our new stickers now placed on our ID cards be used for busing around Hamilton or do we have to wait until September?
I think it's technically for September, but you can still try. Just carry the fare in case the bus driver gives you a hard time.

Joann says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-27-2009 at 01:41 AM   #3
Joann
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 8 Times

I just realized Compass happens to be closed tomorrow - the one day I have to go up there and I wanted to buy a day pass since I have two friends with me.

Does anybody know where else would be the closest vendor to buy a day pass?
Old 08-27-2009 at 01:47 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobee View Post
I just realized Compass happens to be closed tomorrow - the one day I have to go up there and I wanted to buy a day pass since I have two friends with me.

Does anybody know where else would be the closest vendor to buy a day pass?
Here you go: http://www.environmenthamilt on.org/view/upload/76

You should also note:

Quote:
One $8 HSR day pass allows 6 people, up to 2 adults and up to 6 children (no more than six people in total, group does NOT need to be related) to use the HSR for an entire day

Joann says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-27-2009 at 08:55 AM   #5
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

I'm pretty sure our stickers are valid starting September 1st.
Old 08-27-2009 at 09:03 AM   #6
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

You might be able to use it before then, I did last year.

Avoid it if you get the crazy lady on the 51, she might take your card away. Apparently she got suspended for a while for taking some student's bus pass and ended up scratching them.
Old 08-27-2009 at 10:38 AM   #7
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
You might be able to use it before then, I did last year.

Avoid it if you get the crazy lady on the 51, she might take your card away. Apparently she got suspended for a while for taking some student's bus pass and ended up scratching them.
thank god, that b*tch was craaaaazy

Last edited by adrian : 08-27-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-27-2009 at 10:56 AM   #8
Lois
Elite Member

She came back though.

Seriously, she jabbed me a few times with her nails when she grabbed my arm. Apparently she has a neck problem or is incapable of moving her eyes.

I was listening into the conversation of two HSR bus drivers (which is how I found out about the crazy lady), but most HSR bus drivers don't really check IDs if you're getting picked up at the university and have a back-pack.
Old 08-27-2009 at 11:11 AM   #9
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

LMAO THAT LADY IS ... well, she's just messed up. It's hilarious that everybody knows her. I've run into her quite a few times, and it always took longer to get home because she always checked cards real meticulous like, and kicked people off the bus.

Anyway, I used my card around this time last year and it worked, but some drivers aren't so nice.
Old 08-27-2009 at 11:21 AM   #10
Lois
Elite Member

One time the bus was packed so it was difficult to get to the back door of the bus. Also, recently, she doesn't let people out through the front door so you have to kind of shove everyone out through the back.

A girl stepped off the bus to let someone out and then came back on. The crazy lady stopped the bus, and kicked her out claiming that she was stealing ;__;
Old 08-27-2009 at 11:31 AM   #11
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Are you serious?? Oh wow. I think she needs to get a grip. She's clearly lost hers on reality.
Old 08-27-2009 at 02:35 PM   #12
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
One time the bus was packed so it was difficult to get to the back door of the bus. Also, recently, she doesn't let people out through the front door so you have to kind of shove everyone out through the back.

A girl stepped off the bus to let someone out and then came back on. The crazy lady stopped the bus, and kicked her out claiming that she was stealing ;__;
LOL wow thank God I don't ride the bus...anymore hehe