MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSR sticker colour? kotton First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 20 09-05-2012 10:57 AM
HSR sticker dropdeaddiva Automotive & Transportation 13 09-06-2011 07:14 PM
HSR sticker? jackiemac First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 09-14-2009 08:08 PM
HSR sticker thing jordanrogers General Discussion 18 06-29-2009 01:42 AM

HSR Sticker?

Old 08-06-2015 at 06:23 PM   #1
sua015

Liked: 0 Times

HSR Sticker?
I received my student card today in the mail along with my term enrolment confirmation. However it didn't come with any HSR stickers, and I was wondering if we will be receiving them later on or do we have to go somewhere to get them? Thanks!
Old 08-07-2015 at 10:28 AM   #2
mike_b88

Hi there,

This year, the HSR pass will not be part of the student card sticker. As a result, it will not be mailed to students' homes. Instead it will be a separate card issued by the McMaster Students Union and the HSR. These cards will be available for pickup on campus in the near future. Check our website at w w w .msumcmaster. c a, or follow us on Twitter (@MSU_McMaster) for details on these locations when this information is available, as it is forthcoming.

There is no separate fee required to pick up the bus pass. Dates and pickup locations will be posted in the near future when this information is finalized.

If you have any other questions regarding the bus pass or other MSU services, feel free to contact me at [email protected] ster.ca

sua015 says thanks to mike_b88 for this post.
Old 08-07-2015 at 01:49 PM   #3
escape

Liked: 38 Times

any reason as to why there is a seperate HSR card this year?
Old 08-07-2015 at 02:38 PM   #4
mike_b88

As far as I am aware, the University is in the process of moving away from the sticker printing system, and therefore required the MSU to obtain separate bus passes from the HSR.
Old 08-07-2015 at 10:34 PM   #5
sua015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_b88 View Post
Hi there,

This year, the HSR pass will not be part of the student card sticker. As a result, it will not be mailed to students' homes. Instead it will be a separate card issued by the McMaster Students Union and the HSR. These cards will be available for pickup on campus in the near future. Check our website at w w w .msumcmaster. c a, or follow us on Twitter (@MSU_McMaster) for details on these locations when this information is available, as it is forthcoming.

There is no separate fee required to pick up the bus pass. Dates and pickup locations will be posted in the near future when this information is finalized.

If you have any other questions regarding the bus pass or other MSU services, feel free to contact me at [email protected] ster.ca
When picking up the bus pass we need to show them our student id's right? And will there be a picture also on the bus pass or is it just the card?
Old 08-07-2015 at 11:06 PM   #6
Starships2

Liked: 3 Times

This sounds like quite a hassle. Didn't our HSR stickers also serve as validation that we are current student etc? Is there more detail on this on a website because I don't think anyone knows about this.
Old 08-08-2015 at 08:48 AM   #7
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, I've recently heard more about this from more internal sources: this is going to be a CLUSTER****, so it seems. And it's just being kept quiet until the disaster happens.

And this is affecting grad student's too??? Ridonk
Old 08-08-2015 at 09:07 AM   #8
escape

Liked: 38 Times

When will the studnets be able to pickup these new HSR passes?
oh and from where?
Old 08-08-2015 at 01:40 PM   #9
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape View Post
When will the studnets be able to pickup these new HSR passes?
oh and from where?
Your question was answered (as best as it can currently be answered) earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_b88 View Post
Hi there,

Old 08-08-2015 at 09:32 PM   #10
mike_b88

Quote:
Originally Posted by sua015 View Post
When picking up the bus pass we need to show them our student id's right? And will there be a picture also on the bus pass or is it just the card?
Pickup locations will require you to show your student card. Currently, there are no plans to have a photo on the HSR pass.
Old 08-09-2015 at 10:43 AM   #11
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

This is actually HUGE. Many people rely on having HSR access when they arrive in Hamilton at the beginning of September, and there has never been any indication it would change this year. In fact, there still hasn't been any notice, 3 weeks out! This affects many grad students even MORE since many live further away and rely more on commuting.

Either way --- when I (and several thousand others) can't pick up our pre-paid HSR pass for a few weeks, because lines are literally 20,000 people long, and we have to pay for the HSR, I wonder how that will go....
Old 08-09-2015 at 04:54 PM   #12
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Is there any reason the separate cards couldn't have been mailed to everyone along with the student card?
Old 08-19-2015 at 09:38 AM   #13
mike_b88

Hey everyone,

The official news release on the HSR pass is now on the MSU website (I'd link it but I haven't posted enough to use links yet!) Check out w w w .msumcmaster. c a and look at the latest news article, all the info is there!

Email me with any other questions!
Old 08-19-2015 at 09:48 AM   #14
Menzies

Liked: 10 Times

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/posts/520
Old 08-19-2015 at 07:04 PM   #15
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

This is gonna be a clusturfuck full of fail