MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Course for LSI Students: HTH SCI 1PA3 shirleyc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-27-2011 08:47 PM

Hth Sci 1pa3

Old 06-28-2011 at 11:17 PM   #16
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Well if you decide you want to do Honours Life Sci instead you could always switch into Psych 1XX3 if you decide before semester two.
Old 06-28-2011 at 11:19 PM   #17
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkolb31 View Post
Yep, its math 1LS3 and the last course is Pysch 1XX3, the thing with that is so i can keep the option of honours life sciences open (you need both psychs), however from what i hear honours biology is pretty similar to honours life sciences, if not almost identical so... maybe dropping psych 1xx3 to pick up hthsci 1pa3 isnt such a bad idea?
Not a bad idea except Honours Bio is just as hard, if not harder, to get into compared to Biochem so you can't really use it as a backup. (I'm presuming you're keeping the option of Honours Life Sci open if you don't get into Biochem)

Also, I'm pretty sure you can get into Biochem on a conditional offer if you haven't taken PHYSICS 1B03 and then take it during the summer or in Level II.

Last edited by UlteriorMtve : 06-28-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2011 at 11:26 PM   #18
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Did not know that honours bio was hard to get into... well yeah honours life sci is kind of the backup, but the thing is if i dont take psych 1xx3 there goes my backup Maybe i should just drop psych 1xx3 for now, take hth sci 1pa3 in its place and see how first semester goes?
Also can you get into honours life sci on a conditional offer if you take psych 1xx3 in second year?

Last edited by Philipp31 : 06-28-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-28-2011 at 11:30 PM   #19
UlteriorMtve

I also believe you could get a conditional offer into Honours Life Sci and then make up the PSYCH 1XX3 requirement during the summer or in Level II, although I'm not too certain about this.

I would have given you some links to Level II program cutoffs for Biology and Biochem but my original account is still banned and I was the one who made the threads so they're currently inaccessible. I believe all the program cutoffs were in the 8.0-8.7 range with Bio (Physio spec) being higher (around 9.5?).

Quote:
Did not know that honours bio was hard to get into... well yeah honours life sci is kind of the backup, but the thing is if i dont take psych 1xx3 there goes my backup Maybe i should just drop psych 1xx3 for now, take hth sci 1pa3 in its place and see how first semester goes?
You could definitely do that. If your first semester goes well, you might not even have a need for a backup. I personally applied didn't even bother applying to Honours Life Sci.

Last edited by UlteriorMtve : 06-28-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-29-2011 at 01:11 AM   #20
jordan19

Liked: 19 Times

The prof that teaches this course is really good!
Old 06-29-2011 at 01:15 AM   #21
abelon3

Liked: 12 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorMtve View Post
I also believe you could get a conditional offer into Honours Life Sci and then make up the PSYCH 1XX3 requirement during the summer or in Level II, although I'm not too certain about this.

I would have given you some links to Level II program cutoffs for Biology and Biochem but my original account is still banned and I was the one who made the threads so they're currently inaccessible. I believe all the program cutoffs were in the 8.0-8.7 range with Bio (Physio spec) being higher (around 9.5?).

You could definitely do that. If your first semester goes well, you might not even have a need for a backup. I personally applied didn't even bother applying to Honours Life Sci.
You're like the nicest poster on here, what did you to get banned? :o

UlteriorMtve says thanks to abelon3 for this post.

MichaelScarn likes this.
Old 06-29-2011 at 01:23 AM   #22
UlteriorMtve

Quote:
Originally Posted by abelon3 View Post
You're like the nicest poster on here, what did you to get banned? :o
Well thank you

The post that got me banned (for a month only, phew) was deleted so I couldn't see it.

I likely said something stupid, I do that from time to time.
Old 06-29-2011 at 08:10 AM   #23
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Yeah i dont understand how you could get banned i think if you weren't on this forum along with 2 other people i would be screwed. Thanks so much!

UlteriorMtve says thanks to Philipp31 for this post.
Old 06-29-2011 at 09:00 AM   #24
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorMtve View Post
Well thank you

The post that got me banned (for a month only, phew) was deleted so I couldn't see it.

I likely said something stupid, I do that from time to time.
LOL. I thought you just made another account because your other one was in Life Sci.

I had no idea you were banned.

UlteriorMtve likes this.
Old 07-01-2011 at 10:39 AM   #25
jenpower

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
But the thing is i want to go into biochemistry in level II and you need physics for that...
But on the other hand, its probably for of a benefit to me taking a course that has something to do with what i want to do second year then doing kin just because people say its awesome, dont get me wrong, it does look pretty awesome, but learning about all the names of the bones, and muscles, seems a little boring to me
You can take Physics 1B03 2nd year. It just needs to be completed by the end of Level II.