MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comp Sci 1BA3 Midterm #2 andrewjdg Academics 9 12-05-2010 09:12 PM

What is Hurst's second midterm like? COMP SCI 1BA3

Old 10-30-2012 at 03:16 PM   #1
Unregistered

What is Hurst's second midterm like? COMP SCI 1BA3
This guy don't teach us shet. We had Nicole Wagner for our first midterm she was unbelievable. Now we are stuck with Hurst and he AINT GOOD. He blabs on about anything other then COMP SCI all the freaking time. I am in rage. Is his second midterm difficult? Please tell me it will be about the material and not about other shet.
Old 10-30-2012 at 03:31 PM   #2
shreebee

Liked: 30 Times

it will be on the material he talk about, but not all the random tangents he goes on. the courseware is also helpful
Old 10-30-2012 at 03:38 PM   #3
Unregistered

we dont have courseware..... we have massive book that weighs more than a sumo wrestler.

Is it based on his powerpoint slides or the book?
Old 10-30-2012 at 09:10 PM   #4
aurocks14

Liked: 7 Times

Study the hell out the book and stuff from tutorials and you'll get an easy 11.

nadinee likes this.
Old 11-02-2012 at 10:03 PM   #5
Brendan

Liked: 13 Times

In class today, he said that test #2 will be on Access and information presentation. To anyone who was in his class, what kind of questions does he usually ask about information presentation? Because a lot of the stuff in that unit was subjective...

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2012 at 10:27 AM   #6
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

I TA'd this course a couple years ago, and judging by how **** the prof was about never letting anyone see the test again after it was complete (only giving grades), I would assume he uses the same one over and over again.

This is what he had to say about test #2 when I TA'd the course according to what he still has on avenue:

Quote:
Bring an HB pencil, id card, eraser, knowledge.
Leave calculator, phones, PDAs, etc., elsewhere.

True-False and Multiple Choice. 60 questions.

Coverage includes:
- readings for weeks 4 through 7,
except for page 3 of the HTML review card;
- Powerpoint files 4A, 4B, 6, 7A;
- Word tutorials #1, #3 and #8;
- additional material presented during
weeks 4-7 lectures,
Not sure if this is still relevant.
Old 11-03-2012 at 12:47 PM   #7
Salik

Liked: 32 Times

His second midterm isnt bad, i studied the lecture slides only (didnt go to class or read the book) and i got a high 70 (got low 80 with wagner)

Now about his final exam.......ahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahah , good luck man, and dont worry he will bell curve it after everyone cries about how they got kicked out of commerce for sure (alot still did after the bell curve).
Old 11-10-2012 at 05:19 PM   #8
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 132 Times

That. Went. Terrible.

nadinee likes this.
Old 11-10-2012 at 05:35 PM   #9
nadinee

Liked: 16 Times

half the stuff i studied for wasn't even there........wtf is pica

Commie42 likes this.
Old 11-10-2012 at 05:47 PM   #10
Commie42
Elite Member

Study so hard. What a waste. Half the class failed I bet.

nadinee likes this.
Old 11-10-2012 at 06:10 PM   #11
Unregistered

It was fucking ridiculous.... why so many multi option questions like abc, all a and b, abd.......
60% access 40% Information systems my ass. now i realize why this stupid prof has a 1 star on ratemyprofessors hes fucking ridiculous in class and in tests. someone rip his stupid ponytail

i did version 1 i think (yellow sheet) was the true and false mostly false for you too?? or is it just me...

can we petition wagner back?
Old 11-10-2012 at 06:16 PM   #12
nadinee

omg it was ridiculous.. half was true/false half multiple choice...and each one was tricky because almost all of them said "none of the above" or whatever
Old 11-10-2012 at 06:32 PM   #13
Commie42
Elite Member

Yea I have Version 1 (Yellow) too, and like I found that basically the first half was false and then like the last 1/3 was mostly true, it was weird. But like there were a few that were inconsistent from that. It's like he was trying to mess with our minds by setting it up that way. I was like more focused on the pattern than the question. So frustrating. That was a very unreasonable test.
Old 11-10-2012 at 06:34 PM   #14
nadinee

I hope our exam is not this bad :(

Commie42 likes this.
Old 11-10-2012 at 06:42 PM   #15
Unregistered

Okay good that's mostly what i got too. I agree. It was bad also because i was expecting questions like the ones in the tutorial and the review on sam 2010 because thats how Wagner's test was like ...but they were not like that at all the test was too confusing. I thought the point of the exercises were to prepare us for the midterm you know similar questions. Guess not.