MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-31-2010 at 10:44 PM   #16
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

Yeah she definitely did that just to f*ck with you and cutting her out will be the best thing for you. The less exposure you have to her, the easier it will be to move on. And of course it's going to be hard, you were with her for 3 years! Right now you need to get YOURSELF better first. Reflect on the relationship n see what u want/dont want in the future. And I agree with Mowicz that u shudn't get back in the dating pool just yet.. wait until ur completely over her. But u know..keep urself busy ..go out with friends work out more take more shifts at work.. catch up on some shows n what not. The best way to get over something is by not taking time to dwell on it. and the more busy you are, the less tiem you'll have to dwell on it, and the more and more you will move on.
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:02 PM   #17
thisisje

Liked: 0 Times

First of all, why would you date a s__t?
You went to Mac so therefore you should be a smart person.
Love is pretty tricky so next time, pick the right girl and take your time knowing someone.
Dating is not a game.
At least now you know what to do.
Learn from your mistakes and you'll become a better person.
Girls like her are such a waste of time. She's not worth your time.
You deserve more.
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:40 PM   #18
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

make a voodoo doll and just screw her life over with it
Old 07-31-2010 at 11:47 PM   #19
Olivia.

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
lol thnks ted mosby
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Hahahahaha. Thats soo ted mosby
Ahaha, oh how I miss HIMYM. <3

And I agree with everyone else, this girl is clearly not worth a minute of your time.
Get out there and have some fun without her

amitoj likes this.
Old 08-01-2010 at 12:05 AM   #20
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I've actually gotten the Ted Mosby thing on more than one occasion in real life >.<

Last edited by Marlowe : 08-01-2010 at 09:56 AM.

Olivia. likes this.
Old 08-01-2010 at 12:07 AM   #21
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

the best and most effective thing you can do is ignore the girl. From personal experience, when a girl is trying to make you feel bad and you come off as not really caring what they do, it hits them hard. Its good for you too because eventually youll actually begin to not care and youll have moved onward.

Don't let these types of girls get in your head.

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 08-01-2010 at 12:40 AM   #22
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

I say get her pregnant, then move to Australia and change your name to Pedro. Works like a charm.

KYLB0T, macbaby07 like this.
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:00 AM   #23
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisje View Post
First of all, why would you date a s__t?
You went to Mac so therefore you should be a smart person.
Love is pretty tricky so next time, pick the right girl and take your time knowing someone.
Dating is not a game.
At least now you know what to do.
Learn from your mistakes and you'll become a better person.
Girls like her are such a waste of time. She's not worth your time.
You deserve more.
His girlfriend was not a s__t when he met her and when they first started dating. The problem here is that over time, most girls get bored of relationships and become cheaters and they turn into s__ts. In my personal experience, I know of two good friends who have had long term relationships with girls (one was 3 years, the other was 4 years), and in both cases the girl ended up cheating on them. This isn't an uncommon occurrence either, I've heard of many stories of relationships failing because a girl has cheated, but very few of a guy cheating on a girl. I like how the media (shows like Oprah) try to put the spotlight on male cheaters and make it seem like all men are evil and can cheat at the drop of a hat yet they often ignore the fact that females are the ones who cheat most often. The number one cause of divorce is female adultery, it really makes you not ever want to get married.
Old 08-01-2010 at 04:08 AM   #24
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
they often ignore the fact that females are the ones who cheat most often. The number one cause of divorce is female adultery, it really makes you not ever want to get married.
lolwut?

Statistically, according to research, men cheat more. Google "infidelity statistics" or "infidelity statistics by gender". And infidelity (let alone female infidelity) is nowhere near the top reason for divorce:

"According to the most recent data, the vast majority of the marriages which ended in divorce in 2004 were based on separation of spouses for a period of at least one year (94.6%). Only 3.1% of divorces during this year attributed adultery as the reason for the marital breakdown and 2.3% cited mental or physical cruelty." -Statistics Canada

frozenjuice, kcolley like this.
Old 08-01-2010 at 09:21 AM   #25
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

I'm prety sure its even when it comes to who cheats more.. but like according to evolution guys are more likely to cheat because its in their nature to want to spread their seed to as many females as possible, and desire a younger more fertile female lol.. not the case now but, just sayin. I was always under the impression that #1 causes for divorce were financial disputes and lack of communication..that and our generation has no concept of delayed gratification and so when things start to go wrong..we automatically want to jump ship instead of trying to work it out. and of course not EVERYone is like this but..ive just noticed it become a more frequent problem.
Old 08-01-2010 at 09:35 AM   #26
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

As suggested, ignore the girl, delete her from your life, and move on. I've dated a bunch of d-bags in my time, and it's been the best solution.

As for the generalizations about females..."most girls" etc...SO FREAKING LAME. Personally, I'm also incredibly offended. I've known many more guys who have cheated than girls. Furthermore, its my female friends that are serial monogamists and the males who have short flings.

Let's move away from the generalizations, okay?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-01-2010 at 12:52 PM   #27
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
lolwut?

Statistically, according to research, men cheat more. Google "infidelity statistics" or "infidelity statistics by gender". And infidelity (let alone female infidelity) is nowhere near the top reason for divorce:

"According to the most recent data, the vast majority of the marriages which ended in divorce in 2004 were based on separation of spouses for a period of at least one year (94.6%). Only 3.1% of divorces during this year attributed adultery as the reason for the marital breakdown and 2.3% cited mental or physical cruelty." -Statistics Canada
What do you think caused that separation of spouses for a period of at least one year? Stop being so ignorant.

What exactly do you mean "statistically" and "according to research" men cheat more?
Here's a survey that says women cheat more:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ticle77126.ece

Here's an article which outlines flaws in the "research" on infidelity, men and women have different definitions of cheating, and a lot of women don't count sexual relations with a man other than their husband as cheating
http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Psycho...-Men&id=738666.

Maybe in the past men cheated more, but nowadays, it's pretty obvious women cheat more.
Old 08-01-2010 at 12:58 PM   #28
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz.Morra13 View Post
I'm prety sure its even when it comes to who cheats more.. but like according to evolution guys are more likely to cheat because its in their nature to want to spread their seed to as many females as possible, and desire a younger more fertile female lol.. not the case now but, just sayin. I was always under the impression that #1 causes for divorce were financial disputes and lack of communication..that and our generation has no concept of delayed gratification and so when things start to go wrong..we automatically want to jump ship instead of trying to work it out. and of course not EVERYone is like this but..ive just noticed it become a more frequent problem.
This is completely false. According to evolution, women cheat a lot because that way they can have sex with a more physically desirable male, so her children will get his superior genes, while having her husband raise a child who is not his. The husband is usually not as physically desirable (so there is less of a chance he'll leave the family) and usually is wealthy, so the family will be taken care of financially. It's the best of both worlds for the female. Some studies say that nearly 10 to 20 percent of all children are raised by a father who is not their biological father, yet the father thinks they are biologically his children, when they're not. Personally, I think paternity tests should be mandatory in hospitals.
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:11 PM   #29
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
What do you think caused that separation of spouses for a period of at least one year? Stop being so ignorant.

What exactly do you mean "statistically" and "according to research" men cheat more?
Here's a survey that says women cheat more:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ticle77126.ece

Here's an article which outlines flaws in the "research" on infidelity, men and women have different definitions of cheating, and a lot of women don't count sexual relations with a man other than their husband as cheating
http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Psycho...-Men&id=738666.

Maybe in the past men cheated more, but nowadays, it's pretty obvious women cheat more.
Can't argue with the british Sun. It is, after all, a borderline tabloid, and we know how reputable the british tabloids are.

Despite what this acclaimed news source might tell you (and I didnt read the link, because Im not reading anything that publishes a "newspaper" in 3D as a gimmick, or has cover stories about Amy Winehouse's latest exploits), reasearch institutes, like The Kinsey Institute, disagree. And of course, your personal opinion is always more valid than statistical evidence.

And again, according to all the websites I quickly googled looking for reasons for separation, money, communication, and incompatibility were all higher than infidelity.
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:19 PM   #30
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Gender generalisations can be as fruitless and as irrelevant as race generalizations.
Sure, the girl in this thread may have lied about what she was doing, but she may not have cheated.

Stating that all women simply want to screw around with a man and use him is not just ignorant, it's insane. What about lesbians, asexuals or babies? yes, I'm sure they're using those 9 months in the womb to come up with diabolical plans to castrate all men. No, it's just senseless to interject opinions as end all "facts" because it nullifies any validity your arguments have.

The OP has gone through a terrible experience and I don't think anybody deserves that sort of pain from somebody they love so much. However, it does not tell you anything about women in general, unless this girl is actually Eve and has managed to clone herself (and overcome Random X inactivation in the process) and all women are just a copy of her.

We're all academics here, why can't our arguments for or against a point have some relevant factual support?
If you're going to feel so vehemently about something and propagate such strong opinions, I would hope that you have more than "well, that girl I knew did it so...it MUST BE TRUE".

I've read through all the posts and Lol-ed many times internally because I fit into none of the alleged stereotypes I allegedly have subscribed to since conception, and I'm a woman.

And another thing - none of these catchall accusations really help the OP, unless the methodically precise scientific surveys of every woman's intentions and attitudes toward men (that have evidently been conducted here) have convinced him to distance himself from all women on an island with a right hand man named Friday.

@ Alasdair, the important thing for you is to take your time getting through this as you see healthiest and most profitable in the long run. Since Mike (Mowicz) has already said what I wanted to, it seems redundant to restate it. Talking about how you feel is a great first step, and having a support system (even just a good friend to grab a movie with on the more painful days) is also one way of coming out of this okay.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

lorend likes this.