MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:19 PM   #31
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Can't argue with the british Sun. It is, after all, a borderline tabloid, and we know how reputable the british tabloids are.

Despite what this acclaimed news source might tell you (and I didnt read the link, because Im not reading anything that publishes a "newspaper" in 3D as a gimmick, or has cover stories about Amy Winehouse's latest exploits), reasearch institutes, like The Kinsey Institute, disagree. And of course, your personal opinion is always more valid than statistical evidence.

And again, according to all the websites I quickly googled looking for reasons for separation, money, communication, and incompatibility were all higher than infidelity.
It was a survey, stop trying to discredit sources because they don't fit your flawed view. I don't understand how the Kinsey Institute could have done any more research besides a survey anyways. And I like how you chose to ignore the 2nd link which is a female author explaining why these studies are flawed. You can choose to live your life in ignorance if you want.
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:24 PM   #32
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Gender generalisations can be as fruitless and as irrelevant as race generalizations.
Sure, the girl in this thread may have lied about what she was doing, but she may not have cheated.

Stating that all women simply want to screw around with a man and use him is not just ignorant, it's insane. What about lesbians, asexuals or babies? yes, I'm sure they're using those 9 months in the womb to come up with diabolical plans to castrate all men. No, it's just senseless to interject opinions as end all "facts" because it nullifies any validity your arguments have.

The OP has gone through a terrible experience and I don't think anybody deserves that sort of pain from somebody they love so much. However, it does not tell you anything about women in general, unless this girl is actually Eve and has managed to clone herself (and overcome Random X inactivation in the process) and all women are just a copy of her.

We're all academics here, why can't our arguments for or against a point have some relevant factual support?
If you're going to feel so vehemently about something and propagate such strong opinions, I would hope that you have more than "well, that girl I knew did it so...it MUST BE TRUE".

I've read through all the posts and Lol-ed many times internally because I fit into none of the alleged stereotypes I allegedly have subscribed to since conception, and I'm a woman.

And another thing - none of these catchall accusations really help the OP, unless the methodically precise scientific surveys of every woman's intentions and attitudes toward men (that have evidently been conducted here) have convinced him to distance himself from all women on an island with a right hand man named Friday.

@ Alasdair, the important thing for you is to take your time getting through this as you see healthiest and most profitable in the long run. Since Mike (Mowicz) has already said what I wanted to, it seems redundant to restate it. Talking about how you feel is a great first step, and having a support system (even just a good friend to grab a movie with on the more painful days) is also one way of coming out of this okay.
I never said all, I said most. It's up to the guy to weed out the cute innocent girls who have family values and morals from the s__ts, like the ones who have had more than 10 sexual partners, or go to bars/clubs 3 times a week, etc. Don't try to turn a ho into a housewife, you can't save her.
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:29 PM   #33
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souldier View Post
I never said all, I said most. It's up to the guy to weed out the cute innocent girls who have family values and morals from the s__ts, like the ones who have had more than 10 sexual partners, or go to bars/clubs 3 times a week, etc. Don't try to turn a ho into a housewife, you can't save her.
So female bartenders are a definite no?

And...to determine most, you would still need scientific measurements of assessment. You would have to survey all and then determine your criteria for "most" (as 51% is definitely the majority, but not necessarily "most"). I'm wondering when the surveys happened

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Last edited by goodnews.inc : 08-01-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:32 PM   #34
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
So female bartenders are a definite no?
Well that's a specific situation, I do know that female bartenders get hit on a lot, it's up to the girl whether she is going to act on all the attention she gets. I read one article about a female bartender having slept with more than 300 patrons, it's like, have some self respect.
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:37 PM   #35
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Well that's a specific situation, I do know that female bartenders get hit on a lot, it's up to the girl whether she is going to act on all the attention she gets. I read one article about a female bartender having slept with more than 300 patrons, it's like, have some self respect.
I wasn't clear perhaps; I was playing off your statement that women who go to bars more than 3 nights a week should be weeded out. I guess nobody should date a female bartender.
And really, a person's sexual conduct is up to them. Even if you sleep with a different person every night, it doesn't necessarily demonstrate that you're going to be unfaithful to the person you settle down with. It's not necessarily reflective of whom the person will be as they mature and grow.
I'm primarily focusing on your jumping to conclusions without conclusive links. Maybe you have had a terrible experience and been exposed to more information about unreliable women, but that doesn't mean "most" are like that. Just your "most".

And ignoring "specific situations" to accommodate your statements is the same as excluding data that doesn't "fit" your hypothesis. If we did that, we would have a unified field theory by now but it wouldn't work because we picked and chose for our theory of "everything" clearly proving that our result could not be that (a theory of everything).

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-01-2010 at 01:43 PM   #36
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
I wasn't clear perhaps; I was playing off your statement that women who go to bars more than 3 nights a week should be weeded out. I guess nobody should date a female bartender.
And really, a person's sexual conduct is up to them. Even if you sleep with a different person every night, it doesn't necessarily demonstrate that you're going to be unfaithful to the person you settle down with. It's not necessarily reflective of whom the person will be as they mature and grow.
I'm primarily focusing on your jumping to conclusions without conclusive links. Maybe you have had a terrible experience and been exposed to more information about unreliable women, but that doesn't mean "most" are like that. Just your "most".
Well there is a clear distinction between somebody who is working there, to make money, and somebody who goes there to "party", I was clearly referring to the latter. These semantic arguments don't get us anywhere, please, don't be petty.

I would definitely say someone sleeping with a different person every night has some issues, probably a sex addict, probably had some childhood issues, possibly sexually abused. Personally, I would never get into a relationship with a person who did that, and ask any guy who isn't crazy, and he would tell you the same. And let's not forget STDs, a girl like that probably has herpes, or even worse, AIDS.
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:50 PM   #37
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Well there is a clear distinction between somebody who is working there, to make money, and somebody who goes there to "party", I was clearly referring to the latter. These semantic arguments don't get us anywhere, please, don't be petty.

I would definitely say someone sleeping with a different person every night has some issues, probably a sex addict, probably had some childhood issues, possibly sexually abused. Personally, I would never get into a relationship with a person who did that, and ask any guy who isn't crazy, and he would tell you the same. And let's not forget STDs, a girl like that probably has herpes, or even worse, AIDS.
Well, since you're generalizing, I can either continue to generalize with you, or focus on the petty to elucidate the inaccuracies in your statements.
Yes, "personally" is the appropriate word to use. Please, don't cast your net to represent all members of your sex, or mine.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-01-2010 at 01:52 PM   #38
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
As suggested, ignore the girl, delete her from your life, and move on. I've dated a bunch of d-bags in my time, and it's been the best solution.

As for the generalizations about females..."most girls" etc...SO FREAKING LAME. Personally, I'm also incredibly offended. I've known many more guys who have cheated than girls. Furthermore, its my female friends that are serial monogamists and the males who have short flings.

Let's move away from the generalizations, okay?
Well again, you have to specifically ask the girl what their definition of cheating is. Like some girls don't count it if it happened on vacation, or if they were drunk, etc. Not to mention, less girls would ever admit to cheating, because they don't want to be labelled as what they truly are, s__ts, which is also the reason why women to underrate the number of sexual partners they've had.
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:54 PM   #39
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Well, since you're generalizing, I can either continue to generalize with you, or focus on the petty to elucidate the inaccuracies in your statements.
Yes, "personally" is the appropriate word to use. Please, don't cast your net to represent all members of your sex, or mine.
You're being very unreasonable in your arguments, I guess the truth hurts, and you don't want to face it, so you're choosing to be very defensive.
Old 08-01-2010 at 01:57 PM   #40
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
You're being very unreasonable in your arguments, I guess the truth hurts, and you don't want to face it, so you're choosing to be very defensive.
I don't really have anything to be defensive about. You know nothing about my relationships; how could you make that assumption? Lol @ anybody who knows me and is reading this. Your post could not be more inaccurate.

You can continue this with somebody else if so wish; my CTS does not lend itself to endless typing back and forth.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-01-2010 at 01:59 PM   #41
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
I don't really have anything to be defensive about. You know nothing about my relationships; how could you make that assumption? Lol @ anybody who knows me and is reading this. Your post could not be more inaccurate.

You can continue this with somebody else if so wish; my CTS does not lend itself to endless typing back and forth.
You were the one saying there was nothing wrong with a woman who sleeps with a different sexual partner every day. I didn't say that, you did. And you suddenly fleeing from the argument does not help your case.
Old 08-01-2010 at 02:00 PM   #42
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
This is completely false. According to evolution, women cheat a lot because that way they can have sex with a more physically desirable male, so her children will get his superior genes, while having her husband raise a child who is not his. The husband is usually not as physically desirable (so there is less of a chance he'll leave the family) and usually is wealthy, so the family will be taken care of financially. It's the best of both worlds for the female. Some studies say that nearly 10 to 20 percent of all children are raised by a father who is not their biological father, yet the father thinks they are biologically his children, when they're not. Personally, I think paternity tests should be mandatory in hospitals.
lol if its completely false then why did i learn it in two separate classes? women are actually more selective because its a huge cost carrying a child, so yes ur right they do look for the most physically desirable male..in fact i learned women are LESS likely to cheat for the reason you stated about the father not being biological to his children..hence why the percentage is only 10-20.. you just seem like u have a really negative view on women/ something happened in your life to make you think this way.. =\
Old 08-01-2010 at 02:04 PM   #43
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz.Morra13 View Post
lol if its completely false then why did i learn it in two separate classes? women are actually more selective because its a huge cost carrying a child, so yes ur right they do look for the most physically desirable male..in fact i learned women are LESS likely to cheat for the reason you stated about the father not being biological to his children..hence why the percentage is only 10-20.. you just seem like u have a really negative view on women/ something happened in your life to make you think this way.. =\
Only 10 to 20 percent? Are you serious? You think that's a low number? Take 1 out of 5 students, and one of them is unknowingly being raised by a father who is not their own. That is MESSED UP. And that 10 to 20 percent will only increase nowadays. I don't think I'm being negative towards women, I'm being pretty impartial.
Old 08-01-2010 at 02:05 PM   #44
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
You were the one saying there was nothing wrong with a woman who sleeps with a different sexual partner every day. I didn't say that, you did. And you suddenly fleeing from the argument does not help your case.
I'm not fleeing from anything but the excruciating pain running through my median nerve. Any of the mods or IA's should be able to confirm this, if you desperately desire it.

I'm going to explain why I'm not continuing this argument with an example:
Even if you sleep with a different person every night, it doesn't necessarily demonstrate that you're going to be unfaithful to the person you settle down with. It's not necessarily reflective of whom the person will be as they mature and grow.

You read "woman", I said "you", meaning the generalised "you" which could represent man or woman or anybody else.

If you're going to misconstrue my words, it seems silly to put myself through the pain of repeating what I've already said.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-01-2010 at 02:11 PM   #45
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Only 10 to 20 percent? Are you serious? You think that's a low number? Take 1 out of 5 students, and one of them is unknowingly being raised by a father who is not their own. That is MESSED UP. And that 10 to 20 percent will only increase nowadays. I don't think I'm being negative towards women, I'm being pretty impartial.
no.. ur being pretty negative.
you said:

sorry? and what guys don't go to clubs/bars/house parties right? or what about ur other post how girls say cheating doesn't count on vacation and whatever? Did u forget to mention how guys will BLAME their gfs for cheating because their gf didn't want to put out? Guys do the same damn thing. If you were being impartial you'd recognize that BOTH genders do it, that BOTH genders are equally likely to cheat, and that women aren't these filthy whores you make them out to be. There are sl**ts in BOTH genders, there are GUYS That sleep around and cheat on their gfs, and there are girls who sleep around and cheat on their bfs.

lorend likes this.