MacInsiders Logo
Old 09-14-2012 at 01:52 PM   #1
ashlaaayyyyy

Liked: 3 Times

iClicker help
I had bought a new iClicker and all week, it hasn't been working. The frequency won't change and my answers wouldn't register. I've registered my iClicker online too. Today, I exchanged it for a new iClicker because it was defective, and the frequency isn't changing either. I'm following the instructions to change the frequency (hold on/off until blue light is blinking, and press the the two letter code and the light should turn green), but the light keeps blinking red. Am I doing something wrong? Or is anyone else having trouble like I am?
Old 09-15-2012 at 09:25 PM   #2
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

Are you sure you're changing it to the right frequency for that room? My multimedia prof had no idea there were frequencies and someone shouted out that it was BC when it was actually AA... so if the announced frequency is wrong and nobody who has actually found the right one speaks up a lot of other people could be having the same problem.
Old 09-15-2012 at 11:00 PM   #3
ceelyn

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I've gone through 2 i-clickers and I've never had a problem with the frequency. And it's highly unlikely that you would get 2 defective clickers in a row, unless you're just really unlucky . Like what the person above said, check that you have the frequency right. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 09-16-2012 at 08:44 AM   #4
ashlaaayyyyy

But the problem is that the frequency won't change. When I hold down on/off and then press the two digit code, it flashes red.
Old 09-16-2012 at 11:05 AM   #5
THEAVS

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlaaayyyyy View Post
But the problem is that the frequency won't change. When I hold down on/off and then press the two digit code, it flashes red.
It will only flash green if your using the right frequency for the room.
Old 09-16-2012 at 04:28 PM   #6
ashlaaayyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAVS View Post
It will only flash green if your using the right frequency for the room.
So I can't change it to the right frequency ahead of time in my room?
Old 09-16-2012 at 05:39 PM   #7
CourtneyH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

No you have to be in the classroom.
Old 09-19-2012 at 05:27 PM   #8
avi93

Liked: 0 Times

I am having iclicker issues!! I bought a used iclicker and as much as i try to register it at the iclicker website, it won't register. It says that the clicker ID is "invalid" :S help!!