MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
osap program help darkendice Financial Aid 1 06-22-2011 01:02 PM
OSAP Help - Can't Find My Program Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-10-2010 06:45 PM

what if OSAP doesn’t have the exact program your planning to take on its list?

Old 07-02-2012 at 04:39 PM   #1
Ever

Liked: 0 Times

what if OSAP doesn’t have the exact program your planning to take on its list?
Hi I’m a first year student applying for OSAP

So I am planning to take psychology, neuroscience and behaviour (social sciences), but OSAP doesn’t have this. Instead it have psychology (social sciences) and social psychology. Should I pick the 1st one or also it doesn’t allow me to write out the courses because it's too long.

I was thinking about checking social psychology because when I was applying to universities through OUAC I chose social psychology, but now I want to take PNB.
Old 07-02-2012 at 04:48 PM   #2
davied

Liked: 1 Time

Technically, you're not in that program since you're in first year. At the end of first year, you will have to apply for PNB. For now, on osap you have to put social science lv 1.

Ever says thanks to davied for this post.
Old 07-02-2012 at 05:55 PM   #3
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Find the one closest to what you're actually in. The purpose is so the government knows how much your tuition costs.
OSAP still thinks I'm in chemistry
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences

Ever says thanks to Rayine for this post.

Ever likes this.
Old 07-02-2012 at 06:08 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I'm fairly certain when the government asks McMaster for the information (tuition, book cost, etc...) they'll also be told what program you are in.

Ever says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-02-2012 at 07:07 PM   #5
Ever

Liked: 0 Times

So should I pick social science or psychology?
Old 07-02-2012 at 07:18 PM   #6
gmoney

Liked: 21 Times

You're going into Social Science Level 1 (that's what your acceptance letter says, no?) So put that down as your program....
Old 07-02-2012 at 08:53 PM   #7
hamza4000

I got a similar question about SOLAR. Later on will it generate timetable for us or do we have to look at the undergraduate calendar? Because I have two courses that are on the same time when I check there. On solar it doesn't indicate any conflicts and says all pass. PLEASE HELP
Old 07-02-2012 at 09:00 PM   #8
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza4000 View Post
I got a similar question about SOLAR. Later on will it generate timetable for us or do we have to look at the undergraduate calendar? Because I have two courses that are on the same time when I check there. On solar it doesn't indicate any conflicts and says all pass. PLEASE HELP
The system will generate a conflict free timetable for you.
Old 07-02-2012 at 09:03 PM   #9
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever View Post
So should I pick social science or psychology?
There is no first-year psychology program. You're not in psychology. Trying to tell them that you are will only cause problems.

The reason OUAC asked you for a specialization is so Mac can get a feel for future numbers. You aren't guaranteed admission into that program, nor do you have to apply for it.
Old 07-02-2012 at 09:18 PM   #10
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza4000 View Post
I responded to this question on another thread. There's no need to post it off-topic in multiple places.
Old 07-02-2012 at 09:44 PM   #11
hamza4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
I responded to this question on another thread. There's no need to post it off-topic in multiple places.
Sorry about that btw I got another question on the other thread can you please respond to that ty.
Old 07-02-2012 at 09:49 PM   #12
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

try scrolling side to side for it. the navigation is bad on osap site..