MacInsiders Logo
Old 12-15-2010 at 03:11 PM   #16
stevenmm

Liked: 17 Times

I think they should hire someone to police the cubicles and remove peoples stuff from them if it is not being attended to, they should store it and make the students come and reclaim it.

I tend not to study in the library because of the noise and the fact that everyone leave their crap lying around unattended.

I remember when a library was defined as a quiet place to think, and study, not here at Mac though.

I hope you find a nice quiet place to study, and good luck on your exams.
Old 12-15-2010 at 03:13 PM   #17
andrewjdg

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
Effing stupid school. I come to health sci library to study. Well of course all the cubicles are taken up, not by people but by their shit they left behind. One day I'm just going to take everything, laptops, bags, coats, why not? You ****ing leave it there you obviously don't care about it.
Well if they leave their stuff there for like, 20min, then I can obviously see that there's a problem. But some people actually take 5-10min to take a shit. Honestly, if I caught someone taking my stuff, ah, I'd rather not write all the bad things I'd do to them, regardless of who they are. Being a thief is a pathetic excuse for a human. Now, if you simply move their stuff and take their spot, that's way more appropriate and rational.
Old 12-15-2010 at 03:26 PM   #18
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjdg View Post
Honestly, if I caught someone taking my stuff, ah, I'd rather not write all the bad things I'd do to them, regardless of who they are.
Lmao, okay internet tough guy.
Old 12-15-2010 at 03:31 PM   #19
pavlov

Liked: 72 Times

I never understood the whole "noisy libraries" argument. Study with earplugs or throw on a good pair noise isolating earphones with some tunes and your set. Most of my studies involve music
Old 12-15-2010 at 03:48 PM   #20
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

Quote:
Effing stupid school. I come to health sci library to study. Well of course all the cubicles are taken up, not by people but by their shit they left behind. One day I'm just going to take everything, laptops, bags, coats, why not? You ****ing leave it there you obviously don't care about it.

Then you try to go into the big glass room to check for study spots there. NO NO NO, of course not, some ****ing retards decided to let someone host a function in the room, DURING EXAMS, taking up about a QUARTER of the study space in the LIBRARY.

Make sense? Have a ****ing function in a conference room for **** sakes. ****ing pissed off.
have you ever had shoes with no shoe strings ? get some
Old 12-15-2010 at 04:03 PM   #21
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Hey, bro. Here's the first mistake that you made:

You went to the Health Science library. That place is where we keep all the tards.

Old 12-15-2010 at 05:31 PM   #22
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

If you really want study space, you can always go to the library earlier - or during non-peak times.
Old 12-15-2010 at 05:33 PM   #23
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya017 View Post
If you really want study space, you can always go to the library earlier - or during non-peak times.
LOGIC?

He'll have NONE OF THAT!

aya017, Deegs14, SilentWalker like this.
Old 12-15-2010 at 05:38 PM   #24
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aya017 View Post
Yep. You're almost alone in any libraries if you come at 8-9 a.m.

aya017 likes this.
Old 12-15-2010 at 06:34 PM   #25
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

or even 10. Thode's study cubicles are quite empty at that time
Old 12-15-2010 at 06:49 PM   #26
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:

Then you try to go into the big glass room to check for study spots there. NO NO NO, of course not, some ****ing retards decided to let someone host a function in the room, DURING EXAMS, taking up about a QUARTER of the study space in the LIBRARY.

Make sense? Have a ****ing function in a conference room for **** sakes. ****ing pissed off.
Rofl that happened to me so many times, but I guess it's fair! Wake up early to get the seats bro! I was getting their @ 9 in the morning instead of stealing $hit! It's exam time, nobody want to give up their seat just for half n hour when they are gone eating. Also people usually ask the person beside them to watch their stuff.
Old 12-15-2010 at 06:53 PM   #27
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

I went during lunch lol, you know, when everyone is supposed to leave for lunch. But instead they just left their shit there. And the main problem was that they had a party IN the library where probably at least 40 people could have been able to study in that area instead.

And it wasn't just staff who puts up with shit, it was people in scrubs, nurses and doctors and shit. Get a ****ing room someone else, go to an empty lecture area, 3rd floor MDCL, anywhere but a library. They really were being loud and obnoxious as they came out of the "party", no respect realizing they were in a library with students around them studying for exams.

I wouldn't go on a rant for no reason. And if you're going to leave a laptop for half an hour, it deserves to be stolen. I hope it does.
Old 12-15-2010 at 06:54 PM   #28
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
Rofl that happened to me so many times, but I guess it's fair! Wake up early to get the seats bro! I was getting their @ 9 in the morning instead of stealing $hit! It's exam time, nobody want to give up their seat just for half n hour when they are gone eating. Also people usually ask the person beside them to watch their stuff.
Man there were literally several rows that had 4 or 5 seats in a row with just stuff piled on the cubicle and no one around.
Old 12-15-2010 at 06:54 PM   #29
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
Also people usually ask the person beside them to watch their stuff.
Which I never understand. How do you know the person beside you isn't the person going around stealing stuff?
Old 12-15-2010 at 07:11 PM   #30
andrewjdg

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Lmao, okay internet tough guy.
Internet tough guy? Um, the sarcasm is unneeded. Considering this post was on the internet, I replied on the internet, naturally. I'd say the same thing IRL, I don't care, lol. I'm just SAYING what I'd do if someone stole shit. I'm not the only one, either.