MacInsiders Logo
Old 12-15-2010 at 07:42 PM   #31
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

One girl was laughing like a hyena non-stop at Mills today. Astonishing, she was actually cute so I let it go. Moments later, she did it again and I wanted to get up from my cubicle and jam my stick in her mouth.

Yeah, I mad.

Rakim likes this.
Old 12-15-2010 at 08:28 PM   #32
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
Effing stupid school. I come to health sci library to study. Well of course all the cubicles are taken up, not by people but by their shit they left behind. One day I'm just going to take everything, laptops, bags, coats, why not? You ****ing leave it there you obviously don't care about it.

Then you try to go into the big glass room to check for study spots there. NO NO NO, of course not, some ****ing retards decided to let someone host a function in the room, DURING EXAMS, taking up about a QUARTER of the study space in the LIBRARY.

Make sense? Have a ****ing function in a conference room for **** sakes. ****ing pissed off.

You should telling this to them, not us. Man up.
Old 12-15-2010 at 08:37 PM   #33
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
Man there were literally several rows that had 4 or 5 seats in a row with just stuff piled on the cubicle and no one around.
It's called saving the seat for a friend who couldn't get one before. Trust! half of the time the stuff is of the person in the next cubicle.
Old 12-15-2010 at 10:36 PM   #34
taylojl

Liked: 20 Times

During exam times, the libraries have always sucked.
There are so many empty class rooms all over campus. Especially BSB. Grab a bunch of friends and reserve a class room or just try to find a free one. Attempting to focus in a library here is impossible. Don't even bother trying.
:tree:
Old 12-15-2010 at 10:57 PM   #35
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by siefer1322 View Post
You should telling this to them, not us. Man up.
Which of the 100 people bothering me should I have manned up to. I have no problem manning up.

Also, its called a rant.
Old 12-15-2010 at 10:58 PM   #36
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

I love how people take to this site to discuss their problems, or philosophy in general. Keep that up and natural selection will start to take it's course.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:00 PM   #37
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
...Keep that up and natural selection will start to take it's course.
What do you mean by this?
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:02 PM   #38
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Which I never understand. How do you know the person beside you isn't the person going around stealing stuff?
Because you've seen their face and so they'd have a tough time stealing your shit and coming back to the same library again (assuming you frequent there also).

By asking him/her to watch your stuff, you're essentially placing the responsibility on them - if it's stolen, it's their fault either directly or indirectly (highly unlikely regardless).
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:02 PM   #39
zango
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Agreed, that was misuse of the term natural selection. Too much studying for bio probably.

Also, why not use this site? I had a rant about something AT mcmaster, this site is for students, guess where, AT MCMASTER! HOLY NO WAY! woah dude! really bro!? sweeeeeett

natural selection
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:05 PM   #40
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Because you've seen their face and so they'd have a tough time stealing your shit and coming back to the same library again (assuming you frequent there also).

By asking him/her to watch your stuff, you're essentially placing the responsibility on them - if it's stolen, it's their fault either directly or indirectly (highly unlikely regardless).
I don't know how many times people have asked me to watch their stuff. I don't really understand it, since I don't know these people, but I guess I'd do the same if I wasn't paranoid and untrusting of randoms.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:09 PM   #41
zango
Elite Member

If im going to leave, its for 2 minutes while i take a piss. I put laptop under my books and throw my coat over it, walk to the washroom and walk back.

That's all thats needed.

If someone tells me to watch their shit, sure I'll keep an eye on it, but 9 times out of 10 i have no idea what you look like anyways, and I'm not going to fight someone over your laptop lol. Take your piss and get back to your stuff.

Unless she's like super hot then obviously I would just sit in her seat and forget about my stuff completely aha
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:11 PM   #42
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Do I really have to? Spelling things out takes away from the fun of it all .

I insinuated that all this complaining will lead to being trolled to no end, eventually instilling suicidal thoughts into the weak-of-mind. Assuming the need to socially vent is a heritable trait, and assuming that the venters are led to suicide, the population changes. Through time, the population will be refined, losing the maladaptive 'social venting' trait.

See? Natural selection .

Also see: 'no fun'.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 12-15-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Watoko likes this.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:14 PM   #43
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
Do I really have to? Having to spell things out takes away from the fun of it all .

I insinuated that all this complaining will lead to being trolled to no end, eventually instilling suicidal thoughts into the weak-of-mind. Assuming the need to socially vent is a heritable trait, and assuming that the venters are led to suicide, the population changes. Through time, the population will be refined, losing the maladaptive 'social venting' trait. See? Natural selection .

Also see: no fun.
Thats extremely convoluted and wrong. I enjoyed the video though.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:38 PM   #44
cygnusX1

Liked: 46 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
Which I never understand. How do you know the person beside you isn't the person going around stealing stuff?
It seems to me if you ask someone to watch your stuff and talk loud enough to make other people around the area hear you, it puts a kind of social pressure on the person you asked. If they steal your stuff or let someone else steal your stuff, then the other people will know and do...what exactly, I don't know. But anyway, it's almost like the loosest social contract ever.

But if the person you're asking is the only one around, don't do it.
Old 12-15-2010 at 11:52 PM   #45
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygnusX1 View Post

But if the person you're asking is the only one around, don't do it.
Unless you've got balls of steel.