MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 hours straight of class mcmaster12 Academics 11 08-12-2010 11:17 AM

I'm just going to be straight up about this…

Old 03-08-2011 at 08:35 AM   #46
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Chode library is garbage anyways

if you want a quiet library get to HSL quickly in the morning or early afternoon when there isn't much traffic

otherwise quit being a whiny little turd and study in your dorm room or your apartment/house

the sense of entitlement here is laughable

Old 03-08-2011 at 08:48 AM   #47
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh24 View Post
I wouldn't consider it unfair if staff actually did kick people out for wasting space that could be used for studying. It's probably more reasonable than the school paying to find more quiet study space. I've come to realize lately that there's no shortage of space; there's just a surplus off a**holes.
Like x 1000..
Campaign slogan: "We need more study space" = stupid
Old 03-08-2011 at 08:51 AM   #48
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Like x 1000..
Yet at the same time I don't think you'd get elected with "We need to get rid of A**holes!" as a campaign slogan either.
Old 03-08-2011 at 08:52 AM   #49
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
Yet at the same time I don't think you'd get elected with "We need to get rid of A**holes!" as a campaign slogan either.
He's only an internet a-hole (keyboard warrior)

in person a slight breeze can knock him on his ass, and he's not nearly as quick on the draw

Old 03-08-2011 at 08:52 AM   #50
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Like x 1000..
I agreed with it for a while (and maybe still do in part, because it's not like those people who abuse the space are actually going to stop), but when I was in the basement of Thode last week and noticed how many people were talking and on Facebook the entire time while people walked around searching for empty cubicles, I came to the conclusion that people knowing what constitutes "quiet study" is more cost effective... and results in less of the aforementioned a**holes being around me, which is always appreciated.

Last edited by alh24 : 03-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-08-2011 at 09:07 AM   #51
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I'd probably reserve my second choice for any individual who ran with that on their platform. Right after the person with "we need to get rid of people who attend lectures to gossip," and before the candidate with "we need to get rid of people who squeeze themselves into classrooms before a single person has managed to exit from the class before" on their platforms.

These are my priorities.
Old 03-08-2011 at 09:07 AM   #52
destroy

Liked: Liked 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zango View Post
People need to shut the f uck up.

Seriously, not to be rude, not to be a d ick, but people need to shut the f uck up.

No matter where I go, the library, basement of CNH, upper floors of student centre, ANYWHERE ON CAMPUS, people don't know how to shut up.

Its fine, I understand you see a friend or your studying with a friend, you want to say hi, quick catch up, ask a question. FINE.

But if you're going to hold a conversation longer than 5 f ucking minutes, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Seriously. I've been sitting here while three girls discuss how drunk the one ugly b itch was the other day but the boy she liked didn't want anything to do with her he wanted some other girl with a boyfriend and he started crying… blah blah, SHUT THE F UCK UP.

Then they finally leave, YES! I can study!

NOPE.

Two foreign chicks take their spot and start having what I can only believe to be an angry conversation about the world or their parents/friends.

Seriously, have a conversation, congrats you have friends.

BUT IF ITS GOING TO BE A LONGER ONE, and EVERYONE else around you is completely silent, take the f ucking hint that people are trying to GET SHIT DONE, and f ucking leave you ignorant, arrogant pieces of s hit.

F u c k.
why dont you grow a backbone and tell people to be quiet?
Old 03-08-2011 at 10:50 AM   #53
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Also in non-study situations.

Orchestra rehearsal last night, flute player and some other girl were not in the particular piece that we were rehearsing and proceeded to sit in the front row of the hall and talk. You'd think when the orchestra was playing loudly it would at least drown them out, but no! They talked louder.

Though this didn't bother me nearly as much as my stand partner (first violin) ANSWERING HER PHONE DURING THE MIDDLE OF REHEARSAL. And at another point she stopped playing (while everyone else was still playing) to pick up her phone from her lap and check it because she got a text. She literally still had her violin and bow up. I wanted to **** punt her.

</rant>
Old 03-08-2011 at 11:45 AM   #54
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Quote:
I'd probably reserve my second choice for any individual who ran with that on their platform. Right after the person with "we need to get rid of people who attend lectures to gossip," and before the candidate with "we need to get rid of people who squeeze themselves into classrooms before a single person has managed to exit from the class before" on their platforms.

These are my priorities.
Why didn't you run? I'd totally vote for you!

alh24 says thanks to Watoko for this post.
Old 03-08-2011 at 12:06 PM   #55
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watoko View Post
Why didn't you run? I'd totally vote for you!
Thank you, Mathew!

Unfortunately, my plans to eradicate people whose common sense is what I refer to as "below acceptable levels" would likely be seen as "over the line." Pish posh, am I right?

Forget the fact that it took me roughly 15 minutes to be able to respond to this message because a grand total of 12 people logging onto the McMaster server at once seems to be able to completely wipe out any chance of a page loading within an hour. Forget the fact that, although the situation has been "fixed," I'm still missing the Avenue pages for four of my courses, and all I've been able to do on it for the last two days is receive spam mail from people asking 500-person classes to listen to their sexually degrading and mind-numbingly out of tune music. And paying 4 dollars for the burnt muffin I'm eating? Not a problem.

Idiots are the smallpox of the 21st century. Fix them first (and then bitter people, like myself).

Last edited by alh24 : 03-08-2011 at 12:18 PM.

sf likes this.
Old 03-08-2011 at 09:05 PM   #56
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:

Idiots are the smallpox of the 21st century. Fix them first (and then bitter people, like myself).
So its the European's fault?

Actually, never mind. If I watch one more frickin soccer match in LC with the sound on...

/is not that kind of European

alh24 likes this.
Old 03-08-2011 at 09:40 PM   #57
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
So its the European's fault?

Actually, never mind. If I watch one more frickin soccer match in LC with the sound on...

/is not that kind of European
I'm from Germany, saying it's the European's fault would be a "pot calling the kettle black" situation. I'll blame it on Jersey Shore. Everything can be blamed on that.
Old 03-08-2011 at 09:56 PM   #58
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
I'm from Germany, saying it's the European's fault would be a "pot calling the kettle black" situation. I'll blame it on Jersey Shore. Everything can be blamed on that.
Blanket... statement... .
Old 03-08-2011 at 10:01 PM   #59
alh24
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
Blanket... statement... .
You crazy Canucks and your sayings.
Old 03-08-2011 at 10:01 PM   #60
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
You crazy Canucks and your sayings.
Don't we know it.

EDIT: Oh wait, do you know that that means?

alh24 likes this.