MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First year, started my readings and freaking out!? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 09-14-2009 12:04 AM
Incoming First-Year Checklist Chad MacInsiders Announcements 11 06-04-2008 10:42 PM

Incoming First-Year Student? Get started here...

Old 05-18-2013 at 12:25 PM   #1
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Incoming First-Year Student? Get started here...
This article has been updated here:
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...9.html?t=91989

Commie42, jhehe all say thanks to Chad for this post.

amyarthur likes this.
Old 06-05-2013 at 10:23 PM   #2
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Any questions about the Registration process, ask away! Just reply to this thread and add your question... click 'Post Reply'...
Old 06-06-2013 at 11:05 AM   #3
jhehe

Liked: 0 Times

In MUGSI, I see a link "Pay Your Account", what is the difference between the payment here and the one done in SOLAR?

Also, I'm entering first year business (Sept 2013), so for me the SOLAR access is from June 25? So after I choose my courses in SOLAR, I will have the option of making the full tuition payment?

Thanks
Old 06-06-2013 at 06:01 PM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Yes, first year business is June 25th (12:01 in the morning).

PAYMENT IN SOLAR FOR TUITION

Once you go into SOLAR and pick your courses, you will need to complete a PAYMENT AGREEMENT to become fully registered. The Payment Agreement is just an agreement showing you intend to pay... you don't have to pay right away. Once you've agreed to pay, you become FULLY REGISTERED and you can now go into MUGSI to see the timetable that McMaster officially generates for you.

The Payment Agreement step will also ask you to choose how you're going to pay, either in installments or all at once in one payment. Note that if you choose installments, there are interest fees charged (you'll end up paying more in the long run). So if you are able to afford paying all upfront at once, doing so will save you money.

McMaster lets you pay via cheque, or online via Debit/INTERAC. You can not pay with credit card.

If you pay via cheque, you can drop it off on-campus, or you can mail it in. Make sure to have your student number written in the MEMO part of the cheque. If you're mailing the cheque in, make sure to give enough time for it to be sent and arrive at the university before September 1st!

jhehe says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 06-23-2013 at 10:08 AM   #5
jhehe

Liked: 0 Times

I should be able to log into MUGSI before course selection right? I tried right now, but keep getting the same authentication required message. highly doubt my password is wrong, cleared all cookies, cache, and internet history as well as safelisted the popup link, even turned 'allow all popups' on, but still no access.
Old 06-29-2013 at 12:59 PM   #6
GYalstj

Liked: 1 Time

I followed the steps to "6. ACTIVATE YOUR MCMASTER E-MAIL", but when i tried to log in with my MACID and password, it said : Invalid Email- We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later."
Why is it doing that? I know I typed in my MACID and password, i've done so for MUGSI as well.
Old 07-13-2013 at 02:59 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Did you complete the payment agreement? You need to complete the Payment Agreement before you can activate your McMaster e-mail because you only get a McMaster email once you are 'fully registered'.