MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weightlifting/track at mac? andrewjdg Athletics & Recreation 34 09-19-2010 02:10 PM
track and field team! belindz! First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-18-2010 10:02 PM
Indoor Track exenale Athletics & Recreation 7 01-09-2010 06:41 PM
Kick Your Life Back on Track ferreinm Academics 0 10-23-2008 10:50 PM

Indoor Track Question?

Old 01-05-2009 at 10:02 PM   #1
Joann
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 8 Times

Indoor Track Question?
Okay so my roommate and I are making a New Year's Resolution to run in the mornings.

However, we don't know much about the indoor track since we're just very lost 1st years. So my question is, what time does the indoor track open from Monday-Friday (we want to run at 6:45am), does it cost money to use the indoor track and if it is open early in the morning, would we be allowed to just go in and run (or are there certain classes/clubs using it in the mornings).

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-05-2009 at 10:17 PM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

No you do not have to pay for the track, it's paid for with part of your student fees. The pool is also 'free'.

Here is the website with all the hours of operation for the Athletic center. It says it opens at 6am Mon-Fri so it looks like you guys can run at 6:45! Good luck!

Old 01-05-2009 at 10:45 PM   #3
KRan

Liked: 10 Times

http://www-athrec.mcmaster.ca/facili...rack/hours.htm

This schedule shows you when specific groups (like the track team) are using the track. I *think* students would be considered "Member Runners/Joggers/Walkers".

loats14 says thanks to KRan for this post.
Old 01-06-2009 at 01:53 PM   #4
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

hey, Apart from 5-7pm when the varsity track team is training..the other times are pretty much open, in other words you are pretty much free to run in other times and there would be atleast one or two tracks free for your use.
However a word of advice, DO get proper footwear especially if you are an over/underpronator(I am for example a severe overpronator due to my rather flat feet) like the angled bends of the track can really batter your tibia(shins). I say that from my experience with the track team this year, due to improper footwear I had like 3-4 stress fractures within a week or two of moving indoors!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13