MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
McMaster Undergraduate Research in Science Association (MURSA) mac-lover General Discussion 25 09-19-2011 03:56 PM
McMaster Undergraduate Research in Science Association (MURSA) mac-lover Introduce Yourself 0 08-20-2011 12:18 AM

Interested in Research in Science?

The McMaster Undergraduate Research in Science Association (MURSA) proudly presents its first Research Roundtable Workshop for the 2011-2012 academic year. We recognize that students at McMaster possess rich and diverse backgrounds and many undergraduate would like more information on the many exciting enrichment opportunities within the field of science.

This event aims to provide an event where undergraduate students at McMaster University can share these opportunities with their peers, and learn about other available opportunities as well.
The event will include: NSERC scholarship procedure, research perspectives from graduate students, discussion on the significance of networking, and many more topics.

Through this, we hope to create a strong network of undergraduates at McMaster University with a strong interest in science and scientific research

The event will be $2, and will include Pizza and drinks.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Email: [email protected]

Please RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?e...3468 92614956
And join our facebook page to stay updated on upcoming events: https://www.facebook.com/pages/McMas...78489892223637
mursa logo.jpg
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 10-29-2011 at 08:23 PM   #2
kaitotst
Program: Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences
Year: Alumni

Liked: 33 Times
I have a midterm that day :/ is there a way to still get information from that session?

Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 10-29-2011 at 08:31 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff
Program: Biology and Pharmacology
Year: Fifth
Residence: Keyes

Liked: 624 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitotst View Post
I have a midterm that day :/ is there a way to still get information from that session?
What time is your midterm? The session should be an hour and a half-ish. I'm not too sure if we'll be able to send out all the information, especially since some parts of it will be just students talking, not an actual powerpoint or anything :/. I'll talk to the VP Communications and see if we can at least send out the powerpoints, and let you know
Old 10-29-2011 at 08:56 PM   #4
lux
Program: Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences
Year: Other

Liked: 318 Times
This is great and all, but I think that if you're really thinking about research then they should try to get into a specialization program and consider doing a 4th or 3rd year thesis.
  Deleted Post Deleted Post

Old 10-29-2011 at 09:10 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux View Post
This is great and all, but I think that if you're really thinking about research then they should try to get into a specialization program and consider doing a 4th or 3rd year thesis.
There are a lot of ways to get started, doing a thesis is just one of them, just like this workshop is. Also, I disagree, you don't need a specialization program to get into research. It might help, but not necessarily.
Old 10-30-2011 at 07:45 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Please RSVP asap so that we can accomodate for food and drinks!

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search