MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting a Club at Mac? CrashPlague General Discussion 3 01-15-2013 11:00 AM
Starting A Club Cassanova Clubs & Groups 5 03-28-2010 05:08 PM
Thinking about starting a club .. where to start ?? HeatherH Clubs & Groups 2 08-04-2009 04:06 PM
Mike Long - Dancing Project Chad ARCHIVES 0 10-30-2007 04:30 PM

interested in starting a belly dancing club?

Old 01-05-2014 at 08:02 AM   #1
sal995

Liked: 0 Times

interested in starting a belly dancing club?
Hello
I was thinking of starting a belly dancing club and was wondering if people would be interested or would like to help start it with me. I will need a couple of people to start this club. Message if interested
Old 01-05-2014 at 11:55 AM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

I think there is one (I remember my friend learning how to do it from one club)
Old 01-05-2014 at 12:34 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

I know there are belly dancing classes at DBAC...how would the club be any different?
Old 01-05-2014 at 12:59 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
I know there are belly dancing classes at DBAC...how would the club be any different?
Not having to pay? Not having to abide by DBAC schedule rules? Is this a serious question? Durr.
Old 01-05-2014 at 01:20 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Not having to pay? Not having to abide by DBAC schedule rules? Is this a serious question? Durr.
It is a serious question...some clubs have a membership fee, so you might need to pay. The club's schedule might be less convenient for someone than the DBAC schedule. The instructor at DBAC is likely a lot more experienced than the members of this club will be, so quality is also an issue. Or, is the club for people who already know how to belly dance and want to make routines and/or compete, rather than actually learning? Simply saying "belly dance club" is pretty vague, and if you want to start a club you need to say in the application how your club is different from other groups on campus.

shreebee likes this.
Old 01-05-2014 at 08:47 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
It is a serious question...some clubs have a membership fee, so you might need to pay. The club's schedule might be less convenient for someone than the DBAC schedule. The instructor at DBAC is likely a lot more experienced than the members of this club will be, so quality is also an issue. Or, is the club for people who already know how to belly dance and want to make routines and/or compete, rather than actually learning? Simply saying "belly dance club" is pretty vague, and if you want to start a club you need to say in the application how your club is different from other groups on campus.
This is a thread to gauge interest in starting a club for those who are open to the idea, no need to type out a paragraph and be needlessly argumentative.
Old 01-06-2014 at 08:46 AM   #7
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
This is a thread to gauge interest in starting a club for those who are open to the idea, no need to type out a paragraph and be needlessly argumentative.
haha you get shutdown when you were trying to put down starfish, and then when he comes back and proves you wrong you play the innocent card?
Old 01-06-2014 at 09:34 AM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
haha you get shutdown when you were trying to put down starfish, and then when he comes back and proves you wrong you play the innocent card?
No private belly dance for you.
Old 01-06-2014 at 10:05 AM   #9
BenDover
Account Locked

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
No private belly dance for you.
Not really interested in seeing a dude even attempt that... im glad you are open enough to express your desire to belly dance for men though!
Old 01-07-2014 at 05:37 AM   #10
jasi

Liked: 0 Times

I'm interested I have some experience and would love to help out , message me if you need anything
Old 01-07-2014 at 06:51 AM   #11
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
And how can you gauge interest if nobody knows what exactly the club will be doing?

I don't go to Mac anymore, but when I was there I would have been interested in a club for beginner bellydancers...not so much if there was going to be competitions and making up routines and stuff.