MacInsiders Logo
Old 07-31-2009 at 12:58 AM   #1
HG88

Liked: 0 Times

Intermurals
I have been having a hard time finding any threads involving intermurals leading me to create this one.
Does Mac have a lot of different intermural sports?
Do they have a residence vs residence thing going on or something else?
I would also love to know just about everything important that you may know about intermural sports at Mac.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:03 AM   #2
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 394 Times

Here's all the info you need about intramurals: http://www-athrec.mcmaster.ca/intramurals/index.htm

but to answer some of your questions:

Intramurals at Mac are pretty open ended, and afford you a lot of choice as there are tons of sports. You can sign up with whomever you want: residence teams, faculty teams, random people, or whatever. You can also choose which division you want to play: all guys, all girls, coed etc. You can also choose the level, aka A (really intense), B, C etc.
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:05 AM   #3
HG88

Liked: 0 Times

thanks man
Old 07-31-2009 at 01:35 AM   #4
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG88 View Post
thanks man
Yeap, if you live in residence you should ask around before a season starts for "Residence/Floor teams(they might ask the CA to spread the word around or put up posters on the message board). If you fail with that look for teams put up by Faculty Societies, Smaller Societies(chemical engineering society had a soccer team for example), Cultural Societies, SOCS and so on. If that fails put your name up on the free agent list under all skill levels and you are pretty sure to be contacted. Another Resource is the McMaster Free Agent listing Facebook Page(A Page is a thing you can become a "fan" of an has a discussion board for all sports).

But whatever it is just remember it doesn't matter if you are "Bad" at a sport, don't let that get in your way! Skill levels are pretty unimportant for Intramurals, alot of people don't realize that and hence are too "embarrased" to take part!

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 07-31-2009 at 02:23 AM   #5
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Yeah, I played intermural soccer and I'm terribad. :p Don't be intimidated by other players.
Old 07-31-2009 at 11:43 AM   #6
c.thomson

Liked: 4 Times

In addition to the intramurals run by athletics and recreation, many residences often hold thier own intramurals as petty competition between floors. When I lived in brandon there was always tonnes of athletic activities, and there was also the brandon football league. I can't speak for other residences but I imagine that similar events take place.