MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-14-2011 at 01:09 PM   #1
RyanB

Liked: 0 Times

Intramurals
hey everyone, so now that i am second year i am no longer nervous about academics so i am looking to join an intramural sport? any recommendations? i thought about flag football but i am wondering how competitive it gets? i have played before, but im just looking for fun, not crazy competitive sports. any help is appreciated.
Old 06-14-2011 at 02:01 PM   #2
toosh

Liked: 15 Times

soccer is usually fun! I've played both Corec and men's... Neither is crazy competitive and it's really fun...at least for me. I played on the chem eng team last year and we got to the final against SOCS...unfortunately we lost but it was soo much fun!
Old 06-14-2011 at 04:46 PM   #3
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

FLOORBALLL! I had a blast last year, recruited some people through the free agents page and didn't regret a single minute of most of the games we lost, LOL. If you're interested PM your email as I plan to get the same people together again to play next year.
Old 06-14-2011 at 04:57 PM   #4
chappy89

Liked: 149 Times

Flag football was fun, but it got rather annoying at times as the either the rules didnt make sense or the refs didn't know the rules.
Old 06-14-2011 at 05:14 PM   #5
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
hey everyone, so now that i am second year i am no longer nervous about academics so i am looking to join an intramural sport? any recommendations? i thought about flag football but i am wondering how competitive it gets? i have played before, but im just looking for fun, not crazy competitive sports. any help is appreciated.
Really, because 2nd year is when you SHOULD be scared.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

tyrant likes this.
Old 06-15-2011 at 06:52 AM   #6
RyanB

Liked: 0 Times

Ya I forgot to change my program. I am no longer in commerce. I am honors Econ and geography now. Anyways, soccers not really my thing but floorball sounds fun.
Old 06-19-2011 at 03:09 PM   #7
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

Floorball was amazing. Tons of fun.
Old 06-19-2011 at 05:08 PM   #8
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Really, because 2nd year is when you SHOULD be scared.
my commerce friends got killed in 2nd year.
Old 07-27-2011 at 08:03 PM   #9
Intramurals
Staff - McMaster Athletics & Recreation

Liked: 3 Times

All of the info shared by your fellow students and Intramural Sport participants so far is right on. There are a whole bunch of different and fun sports to try out: Extreme Potato Sack Racing, Innertube H2O-Polo, Softball, Volleyball and many, many more. Since most leagues offer an A, B and C skill level division, there's something for everyone. Look for a tonne of updates to our website over the next few weeks and the arrival of our online 2011/12 Sport Calendar (it shows all sports, registration dates, etc.) soon.

Play hard. Play fun. Play often!!