Unlocked Phones goodnews.inc General Discussion 3 09-21-2009 01:39 PM

iPhone or HTC Legend UNLOCKED

Old 07-04-2010 at 11:48 PM   #16
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Or that you wont be charged for data if you accidently try to access it because it wont work?
This
6char
Old 07-04-2010 at 11:59 PM   #17
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Get iPhone 4 I was gana get it but I got the ipad and I don't like it , get iPhone 4 off ebay now or wait until it comes out in canada later in the month
Old 07-05-2010 at 12:08 AM   #18
healthsci1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
Get iPhone 4 I was gana get it but I got the ipad and I don't like it , get iPhone 4 off ebay now or wait until it comes out in canada later in the month
i would not touch an iphone 4 until they solve those reception issues.

MrSmith likes this.
Old 07-05-2010 at 12:23 AM   #19
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

apple said those issues are software issues not hardware so hopefully it's no problem and there will be a new firmware coming that fixes the problem
Old 07-05-2010 at 12:35 AM   #20
healthsci1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
apple said those issues are software issues not hardware so hopefully it's no problem and there will be a new firmware coming that fixes the problem
lol typical apple BS, they say the phone is incorrectly displaying signal bars. It is without a doubt a hardware issue that occurs when your hand covers the antenna.
Old 07-05-2010 at 10:33 AM   #21
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

any pics of htc? how are the apps selection and variety?
Old 07-05-2010 at 10:38 AM   #22
thatdudeukno

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
any pics of htc? how are the apps selection and variety?
It's a decent phone. But at the rate that android phones are coming out, hardware wise it is already outdated. The android market has tons of good apps though.
Old 07-05-2010 at 10:40 AM   #23
thatdudeukno

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...ghz-processor/
Might want to take into consideration the offerings coming out very soon.
Old 07-05-2010 at 01:35 PM   #24
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudeukno View Post
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...ghz-processor/
Might want to take into consideration the offerings coming out very soon.
If one were to sit and wait for the next big thing, they will be waiting for a loong time. In this day new phones come out other month or so.

They are both great phones. Take a look at the N8 as well. it looks pretty nice.

I am personally looking to get my hands on the iphone 4 when in comes out in the next couple weeks

EDIT: Also if you can try and visit a store and try the phones out. You can tell a lot, of weather you like it or now, just by holding it in your hands.

Last edited by Crzyrio : 07-05-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2010 at 02:06 PM   #25
blackdragon
Elite Member

Waiting for a new phone is ... because one can only expect how expensive it will be -_- and you never know if the first batch has issues
Old 07-05-2010 at 03:11 PM   #26
healthsci1
Elite Member

i really hate when people spit out numbers. Having a speedy processor doest mean anything if the software on it is not optimized. Perfect example being the Sony X10. It has a 4 inch screen, 1ghz snapdragon processor, 8.1 MP cam etc. Its probably the worst smartphone i have ever used because the software is lackluster. The legends software has been optimized for the device, its so smooth and responsive. Definitely comparable to the nexus one.
Old 07-05-2010 at 03:21 PM   #27
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
i really hate when people spit out numbers. Having a speedy processor doest mean anything if the software on it is not optimized. Perfect example being the Sony X10. It has a 4 inch screen, 1ghz snapdragon processor, 8.1 MP cam etc. Its probably the worst smartphone i have ever used because the software is lackluster. The legends software has been optimized for the device, its so smooth and responsive. Definitely comparable to the nexus one.
Moral of the story is, if the XDA developers don't care about it, neither should you. :p
Old 07-05-2010 at 04:05 PM   #28
blackdragon
Elite Member

So, how is the HTC legend compared to the iphone? better?
Old 07-05-2010 at 05:29 PM   #29
Mlochab

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
lol typical apple BS, they say the phone is incorrectly displaying signal bars. It is without a doubt a hardware issue that occurs when your hand covers the antenna.
yea that is bs, first they say buy a bumper to solve the issue, now they say its a software, last i checked a bumper isnt software so they are just trying to cover their

blackdragon, if i were you try and get hold of both phones and test them out, see what YOU like better, everyone has thier own preferences
Old 07-05-2010 at 05:42 PM   #30
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlochab View Post
yea that is bs, first they say buy a bumper to solve the issue, now they say its a software, last i checked a bumper isnt software so they are just trying to cover their

blackdragon, if i were you try and get hold of both phones and test them out, see what YOU like better, everyone has thier own preferences
Ive held the HTC (in store) and it feels small, compared to the iPhone. But nether of them were working in store, so I couldnt really see how the GUI looked