MacInsiders Logo

Ive Had Enough Pitas

Old 01-12-2011 at 03:18 PM   #16
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Basilique or the one beside Subway, I think it's called Cedar? Plus a whole bunch downtown.

Story of my life, but honestly off-campus food has been much better than anything on-campusfor the past few days .Gino's is halal, so is Basilique (they both deliver!) or Cedar if you're willing to go off-campus.
I love Cedar...
Old 01-12-2011 at 03:21 PM   #17
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
You can get some sandwiches and stuff, nothing being cooked, most of it is blocked off by a curtain, people in Paradise Catering attire are running it.
oh.. that sucks.

I guess centro remains as my lifeblood for now...
Old 01-12-2011 at 03:43 PM   #18
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
I'm really starting to get sick of the 30 minute wait at needa pita. On top of that, their pitas taste like wet bread. Bistro has ridiculous hours and centro - how much can you really eat?

I WANT BRIDGES BACK.
Quit your bitching.

Kthxbai.

Protip: l2cook
Old 01-12-2011 at 04:58 PM   #19
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
basiliques halal pizza is so good.

man im craving that right now lawl
more like haha pizza

am i

no

fail

Entropy likes this.
Old 01-12-2011 at 04:59 PM   #20
MaryS

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Quit your bitching.

Kthxbai.

Protip: l2cook
I'm sorry you hate your life.
Old 01-12-2011 at 05:06 PM   #21
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
Are they actually 'scabs'? because I recognize the majority of the workers at centro as workers who were there before the strike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
I haven't been to Centro, but I'm under the impression that people at Tim's and La Piazza in MUSC are, because I go there all the time and haven't recognized a single employee post-strike.
Maybe I'm not up to speed on my union terms, but I thought scabs referred to anyone who crossed the picket line to work, regardless of whether they're temporary or union workers who don't support the strike.
Old 01-12-2011 at 05:08 PM   #22
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

I thought scabs were things you get from cuts healing. But im just a lowly bio student :(

Old 01-12-2011 at 05:10 PM   #23
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
Maybe I'm not up to speed on my union terms, but I thought scabs referred to anyone who crossed the picket line to work, regardless of whether they're temporary or union workers who don't support the strike.
That's what a scab is, however I feel that using non unionized employees to carry out the work of the unionized employees trumps the purpose of the strike. We're supposed to realize how valuable the work that the strikers do without them. So that's why I'm choosing not to eat at places run by Hospitality at the moment, I'm also uneasy about crossing picket lines, but I have a plethora of group work I have to do, so I can't let them down.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 01-12-2011 at 05:46 PM   #24
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Well, yeah. If the purpose of the strike is to show that the university needs these workers, and the university clearly doesn't, you can't really blame the university for that. Its not their fault that there are plenty of people who are just as qualified, and who are willing to work for much less. Part of the risk of striking is that you won't have a job if the employer decides you're not worth the effort to keep.

kinetochore likes this.