MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jimmy Gringo's Burrito Factory lorend Restaurants & Food Reviews 3 06-13-2012 03:50 PM

Jimmy choooooooooo for H&M

Old 11-16-2009 at 08:39 PM   #1
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

Jimmy choooooooooo for H&M
Sooo if some of you haven't heard, Jimmy choo just came out with a collection for H&M..
I went on the first day, within 2 hours of the store opening, everything was gone!!!!!! I really wanted this one sequin top, which was gone in my size.

just wondering if anyone knows whether there will be more stock or not. Maybe someone knows someone who works there...?

I see alot of the stuff getting sold on craigslist now for like triple the price

http://toronto.en.craigslist .ca/se...breviation=sss
Old 11-16-2009 at 09:16 PM   #2
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

You could always ask one of the staff. Most of the time it takes a week for new stuff to come in, they could probably tell you the day.
Old 11-16-2009 at 09:16 PM   #3
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

is this a ****ing ad?

Jake, Kevin S, Matthew K, PTGregD like this.
Old 11-16-2009 at 09:31 PM   #4
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Who is Jimmy Choo?
H&M's cool though, you can find good stuff there. Sometimes they have the ugliest stuff for the most ridiculous prices though haha.
Old 11-16-2009 at 09:35 PM   #5
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Jimmy Choo is a famou shoe designer with some VERY expensive shoes.

I agree, I have a love-hate relationship with H&M. Sometimes I find great stuff for great prices. Other times, all I can find is hideous crap.
Old 11-16-2009 at 09:37 PM   #6
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I was disappointed when I went to the H&M at Lime Ridge only to find out they don't have any guys clothes.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 11-16-2009 at 09:38 PM   #7
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Who is Jimmy Choo?
H&M's cool though, you can find good stuff there. Sometimes they have the ugliest stuff for the most ridiculous prices though haha.
Jimmy Choo is this big time designer for the rich and famous and other riff raff. He normally does shoes well over $1000 each for the very rich; they are usually found at Harrods or some other extremely high end outlets. Recently a 10 year old kid mixed 2+2 and decided to convince him to make cut price shoes for the masses.

Result: Madness all over the world and me cringing at this blatant display of consumer culture brainwashing. These shoes probably aren't all that better in quality or design then a regular Outlet shoe; they just have the Choo name on them. In other words these aren't $1000 shoes being sold for $100; These are $100 shoes being sold for $100! It aint' the real thing!

I really wish I was taking something by Oullette this year and had the opportunity to give HIS take on this stuff :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ble-price.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...irlfriend.html (I Especially pity this poor poor guy, Are you serious dude?)

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Last edited by huzaifa47 : 11-16-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-16-2009 at 09:38 PM   #8
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Lawl. Limeridge fails. You're better off making a trip to Toronto. They have tons of guys clothes there.

And yeah, I figured about the Jimmy Choo guy. His stuff isn't that great when you look at it, it looks like everything else that's out there.
Old 11-16-2009 at 09:40 PM   #9
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Yah, last time I was at the Eaton Centre and found some cute things at the H&M there. I usually wind up going to Urban Outfitters though if I'm around the Eaton Centre, but Urban Outfitters is bloody expensive.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
Old 11-16-2009 at 09:44 PM   #10
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Oh, I must also add. Whenever I hear Jimmy Choo, I automatically think of one of my favourite Will and Grace moments
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction= vids.individual&Video ID=3050062

James CW

niteskie, resh.jyoti like this.
Old 11-16-2009 at 10:03 PM   #11
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Yea the shoes suck thats true, its not even real leather and they sell for almost 200. I saw all the crazy girls grabbing the shoes and running around trying to find their size and trade with each other... MADNESS!!!

I just wanted a top:( and even that was gone.

I took Oulettes class last year, i think he hates on consumer behaviour way too much.. like cmon, not all of us are such great value village shopers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Jimmy Choo is this big time designer for the rich and famous and other riff raff. He normally does shoes well over $1000 each for the very rich; they are usually found at Harrods or some other extremely high end outlets. Recently a 10 year old kid mixed 2+2 and decided to convince him to make cut price shoes for the masses.

Result: Madness all over the world and me cringing at this blatant display of consumer culture brainwashing. These shoes probably aren't all that better in quality or design then a regular Outlet shoe; they just have the Choo name on them. In other words these aren't $1000 shoes being sold for $100; These are $100 shoes being sold for $100! It aint' the real thing!

I really wish I was taking something by Oullette this year and had the opportunity to give HIS take on this stuff :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ble-price.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...irlfriend.html (I Especially pity this poor poor guy, Are you serious dude?)
Old 11-16-2009
andrew22
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-16-2009
Katia
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-16-2009 at 11:31 PM   #12
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Who is Jimmy Choo?
Jimmy Choo = most amazing shoe designer ever. Unfortunately all of the shoes are about 1000 dollars but so beautiful. I love H&M. I need to go on a stress shopping spree
Old 11-17-2009 at 12:21 AM   #13
Katia
Account Disabled by User

I went there today, so many cute sweaters.. I usually don't shop there, but the more formal section is pretty hot. gonna go to the Burlington one tomorrow, to get some hats and scarves..