MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jobs on campus or in hamilton oobaid First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 10-07-2010 02:51 AM
On-Campus Jobs ferreinm MacInsiders Announcements 0 07-27-2010 08:42 AM
Campus Jobs Chad Volunteering Opportunities 0 03-31-2010 09:50 PM
jobs on campus nick Volunteering Opportunities 2 03-14-2010 07:25 PM
Summer jobs on campus Chad Volunteering Opportunities 1 04-04-2008 09:43 AM

Jobs on Campus?

Old 08-13-2010 at 07:57 PM   #16
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
A lot of new jobs for 2010-2011 session were supposed to be posted on august 1 on oscar. I applied to few of those. So I was wondering when are they gonna be recruiting!
Jobs can be posted at any time, really; there isn't a specific date when they magically appear.. coop positions appear at regular set dates all on the same day for the first cycles, campus jobs are usually before the end of a term, and others appear randomly throughout the year.
Old 08-13-2010 at 08:36 PM   #17
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Jobs can be posted at any time, really; there isn't a specific date when they magically appear.. coop positions appear at regular set dates all on the same day for the first cycles, campus jobs are usually before the end of a term, and others appear randomly throughout the year.
Dude u need to calm the fuk down! They were suppose to magically appear on august 1 pfft.

tiger likes this.
Old 08-13-2010 at 09:16 PM   #18
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

I applied for jobs on oscar a few months ago, and 75% of them I never heard from, one I got an interview within a week of applying, and one I got an interview within a month and got hired.
Old 08-13-2010 at 09:19 PM   #19
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
I applied for jobs on oscar a few months ago, and 75% of them I never heard from, one I got an interview within a week of applying, and one I got an interview within a month and got hired.
Hey thanks! I think i might be a li'l late lol. Well not losing the hope!
Old 08-14-2010 at 10:26 AM   #20
ashlay17

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty! View Post
Does anyone know how demanding a job at 1280 might be if their hours are listed as 'variable'?
TwelvEighty has already done all of their hiring! They did their interviews 2 weeks ago and maybe a few last week.
Old 08-14-2010 at 11:26 AM   #21
0t10

will they consider applicants without job experience and minimal volunteer experience at all?
Old 08-14-2010 at 11:35 AM   #22
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0t10 View Post
will they consider applicants without job experience and minimal volunteer experience at all?
It's like any job--experience (paid or volunteer) will give you an advantage over people with no experience. That's not to say you won't get a job with no experience, but if there are other more qualified applicants, they will likely get hired over you.
Old 08-14-2010 at 06:06 PM   #23
qwerty!

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay17 View Post
TwelvEighty has already done all of their hiring! They did their interviews 2 weeks ago and maybe a few last week.
Then why do I have an interview on Tuesday?
Old 08-14-2010 at 08:10 PM   #24
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Well maybe they could have some spaces ope after the only poeple they liked could have turned down a position
Old 08-14-2010 at 09:21 PM   #25
qwerty!

Liked: 6 Times

Maybe. But the application deadline isn't till mid-Sept.
Old 08-14-2010 at 09:26 PM   #26
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

im just sad i was hired bc i have my smart serve cuz im already a server at another resturant n i have 3 years as a supervisor and i applied way be4 like in july n still didnt get a call
Old 08-16-2010 at 09:45 PM   #27
ashlay17

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty! View Post
Then why do I have an interview on Tuesday?
Oooh alright. We already got emails regarding training and uniforms etc. So I bet the interviews now are to replace the people that no longer wanted to work there. OR maybe they decided to hire more people. No idea!
Old 08-16-2010 at 10:02 PM   #28
neila.b

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
Oooh alright. We already got emails regarding training and uniforms etc. So I bet the interviews now are to replace the people that no longer wanted to work there. OR maybe they decided to hire more people. No idea!

Speaking of which...did you hear back after replying to that? I replied with my shirt size and stuff and asked abot FOH training (i.e. if servers need to be at that one b/c I don't know if there's a separate hostess position or anything) and I never heard back...weird.
Old 08-16-2010 at 11:14 PM   #29
ashlay17

Quote:
Originally Posted by neila.b View Post
Speaking of which...did you hear back after replying to that? I replied with my shirt size and stuff and asked abot FOH training (i.e. if servers need to be at that one b/c I don't know if there's a separate hostess position or anything) and I never heard back...weird.
I didnt hear back either! I was actually wondering the same thing because Im not sure what they mean by Front of House? But anyways, looks like we'll be working together You're like the only person that I know of that also got a job there!
Old 08-17-2010 at 09:24 AM   #30
neila.b

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
I didnt hear back either! I was actually wondering the same thing because Im not sure what they mean by Front of House? But anyways, looks like we'll be working together You're like the only person that I know of that also got a job there!

That's a relief! I was scared for a while there. Hmm, hopefully we hear back? Maybe I'll call closer to the 27th then? Are you a server too?