MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Sushi Star Japanese restraunt (All you can eat) vivian.sand Restaurants & Food Reviews 4 01-13-2013 10:20 PM
How to make Peepshi (a kind of sushi) lorend General Discussion 3 04-02-2010 09:39 AM

Joya Sushi Bar

Joya Sushi Bar
Published by kokosas
06-16-2008
Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Author review
Quality Of Food
90%90%90%
Prices
50%50%50%
Atmosphere
80%80%80%
Service
100%100%100%
Overall Experience
90%90%90%
Average 82%
Joya Sushi Bar

Joya Sushi Bar is a small little place on Main St West past the Pizza Hut but before the Main West Condo's. If you see Crabby Joe's, you've gone too far!

On the outside Joya looks a little sketchy but inside it is a quiant little sushi bar that is quiet and relaxing. The wait staff are very polite but also very quiet, the two chefs who are usually there are very nice and make sure to greet you on your way in and out.

They offer a wide range of Maki (rolls), Sushi, Teriyaki (Beef, Chicken, Pork or Shrimp) soups and buns. The dishes often come in elaborate displays; those that are named after a specific animal (like the dragon one, I can't remember the exact name) will often come displayed like that animal... the dragon being one of them. It's pretty darn cool.

The prices are decent for Sushi although I wouldn't hit up Joya on a regular basis if restricted to the typical student budget. Sharing a dinner platter is something that I do often which helps with the burden of the cost.

If you enjoy seafood and sushi I suggest you try it, I highly doubt that you'll be displeased!
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Joya Sushi Bar!

Old 06-17-2008 at 05:39 PM   #2
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
Great place, great food. VERY un-student-like prices, and everything takes a bit of time to be made.

Old 06-17-2008 at 08:25 PM   #3
__lexington

Liked: 1 Time
Sushi = best thing in the world!

How's the vegetarian options (lame I KNOW). And how does it compare to Koi???(if koi exists HAHAHHA) I need to know where I will be eating on special nights

Old 04-17-2010 at 08:08 PM   #4
davisae4

Liked: 1 Time
I eat at Joya pretty often. I find their service to be very quick and its pretty reasonably priced. Typically, my boyfriend and i usually get vegetable tempura roll, dragon roll, and salmon tempura roll, along with salad and miso soup which are included. green tea is also included. our visit for 2 is usually around $30.

As for vegetarian options, there are a few. Edamame, vegetable tempura, a section of vegetarian rolls (veg tempura, avocado, avocado and cucumber, cucumber, pumpkin, mushroom, and a couple others i forget). they make teryaki options and i believe there is a vegetarian option in that as well. i dont usually do any of the meal dishes, usually just rolls, so i cant really remember.

from what i've seen of the roll dinners, i didnt think there was enough to be split between 2 people. its cheaper to pick out individual rolls and you get more.

Koi is alright. Its expensive and there are not as many options. Koi does have 2 different platters, which when split between a couple people make it a little more affordable. On the platter there are spring rolls (joya doesnt have these but they have gyoza), coconut shrimp, and a couple different rolls (3 pcs or so of each). Def not the most cost effective, but if you are going dancing there after and are planning on going out for a nice dinner anyway, you can avoid paying cover which makes up for it a little.

If you were planning on a date, koi has a way nicer atmosphere, but Joya is cheap, its good, and its closer to mac. I'll reserve koi for special occasions and stick to joya for casual meals.

Old 02-12-2011 at 01:38 AM   #5
jimimusic

Liked: 11 Times
is it not all you can eat?

Old 05-02-2011 at 12:54 PM   #6
Dopematic

Liked: 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimimusic View Post
is it not all you can eat?
Unfortunately, it isn't.

Old 02-03-2012 at 12:14 AM   #7
ianjbondy

Liked: 0 Times
Classy, delicious place. Has awesome korean barbecue, too

Old 02-17-2015 at 04:10 AM   #8
Erskine12

Liked: 0 Times
This is really an informative post dear!!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search