MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideas for painting welcome week jumpsuits?! marcie General Discussion 17 05-14-2011 04:21 PM

Jumpsuits????

Old 07-08-2012 at 07:49 PM   #1
smitsama243

Liked: 0 Times

Jumpsuits????
hey people, i need to ask this question its been driving me CRAZY.

i have been watching all these mcmaster welcome videos on youtube and i keep seeing all the people running around in different coloured jumpsuits for their faculty. how do i get one!!!! i want one so badly ahahaha lol

please someone tell me because im desperate to find out lol
Old 07-08-2012 at 07:54 PM   #2
Awesomeness

Liked: 42 Times

first years do not get one. it is for upper year Welcome Week/faculty reps
Old 07-08-2012 at 07:58 PM   #3
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Depends on the faculty.

The people wearing jumpsuits are representatives of their faculty. They're out all Welcome Week, and then some faculties will pull them out for the odd representative event. Maroons wear theirs quite a bit. Engineering reps wear them to a lot of different events, social and representative.

Some faculty's have a simple interview and paper application process starting anytime after February. Other faculties (Science I think, Engineering for sure) have some competitive application and interview process. Bonus points to people who get to know the student leaders throughout the year, and demonstrate an outgoing, helpful, respectful attitude because when it comes to choosing leaders, it's difficult to take a risk on a new person who just turned up, who no one has ever seen before...

Source: Old age. Been doing this for a (relatively) long time.
Old 07-08-2012 at 08:18 PM   #4
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

You have to be a rep of some sort (Maroon, rez, faculty, etc).
Old 07-08-2012 at 09:11 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

I think Mike pretty much covered it, but you wot be able to apply until feb-march of first year, but definitely apply, it's a ton of fun!
Old 07-08-2012 at 09:13 PM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Usually reps for a faculty or frosh week. Requires tryout or interview.
Old 07-09-2012 at 09:07 AM   #7
redasangay

Liked: 1 Time

If you really wanna wear one on your first year, you can apply to be a Frost Week rep. You get a white jumpsuit and do all sorts of fun stuff for the January Revival. I think the application comes out like October/December
Old 07-09-2012 at 09:15 AM   #8
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Also, is everyone who paints their jumpsuits just incredibly artistic and talented?? Or do they go somewhere to get it done/silk screen or something?
I haven't seen a bad jumpsuit ever.

Chris23, Galleria, Milk.Tea like this.
Old 07-09-2012 at 09:20 PM   #9
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

LOLLLLL Haven't seen a bad jumpsuit? Maaaan, mine's torn right up the leg, the zippers busted off (second one too) and the ends are torn up good. there are some other redsuits that are unwearable at this point, so they choose to tie them up into some other piece of clothing (I've seen a Cape, a kilt, and a sash)
Old 07-10-2012 at 12:34 AM   #10
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

It's actually not that difficult to paint them, You just have to chalk trace outlines and since it's a rough fabric and the drawings are quite big it's difficult to mess it up. I've done a half decent job despite being completely incapable of even drawing a straight line with a total of 2-3 hours of painting time(Residence Reps only get their rep suits 2 days before WW and are only allowed to paint past 11pm for two nights, all other rep teams get them in the summer). But usually there also is bound to be a couple of artistic people for any rep team that has over 10-15 people.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13