i chose mac over queens and i dont regret it at all
and im not even gonna waste my time talking about western
Old 01-24-2011 at 02:22 AM   #17
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
1st -having lived in hamilton likely longer than anyone else on this forum, I'll agree it has its issues.

2nd - comparing universities in Canada is difficult cause they are more likely to be program centric than school centric like the states. Anything Harvard will always be better than anything at a state school. While Queens might rank overall better, McMaster has the most highly regarded labour studies program in the country and that is why I go here not queens, not UofT. Though I do want to go to UofT for a masters cause it is the best in that field.

3rd - the only people who's opinions on which school is better that should be valid are those that have attended both.
1. Nope. Westmount, class of '07 and '08, baby.

2. lol @ "most highly regarded labour studies program in the country".

3. I agree with you here.

BlakeM likes this.
Old 01-24-2011 at 03:52 AM   #18
darkstar

Liked: 47 Times

[quote=Entropy;215151]1. Nope. Westmount, class of '07 and '08, baby.

quote]

westmount class of 99. you lose.

Entropy, ikantsepll like this.
Old 01-24-2011 at 03:59 AM   #19
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Lololo I'm still up

Lololo Entropy got owned
Old 01-24-2011 at 04:36 AM   #20
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar View Post
1st -having lived in hamilton likely longer than anyone else on this forum, I'll agree it has its issues.

2nd - comparing universities in Canada is difficult cause they are more likely to be program centric than school centric like the states. Anything Harvard will always be better than anything at a state school. While Queens might rank overall better, McMaster has the most highly regarded labour studies program in the country and that is why I go here not queens, not UofT. Though I do want to go to UofT for a masters cause it is the best in that field.

3rd - the only people who's opinions on which school is better that should be valid are those that have attended both.
UoT is a great graduate school even if their undergraduate is horrible. All those research grants *drools*
Old 01-24-2011 at 05:31 AM   #21
CrashPlague
Gravity is Just a Theory

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve View Post
I chose mcmaster because it had the word "master" in it no lie and I like macbooks

LOLWAT.

Old 01-24-2011 at 06:27 AM   #22
Souldier
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 256 Times

Honestly, it is kind of embarrassing being a McMaster student. There is a reason I didn't buy any McMaster branded clothing, and when someone asks me where I went to university, I usually just mumble it out. I'm definitely not proud to go here.
Old 01-24-2011 at 07:46 AM   #23
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

I chose McMaster because it had the only electrical and biomedical engineering program I could find. I know other schools have biomedical engineering programs, but I didn't want to suffer through two years of eng sci at U of T or take a chance on Ryerson's new program. So I'm here, and I don't regret it at all.

And those forums are all a bunch of crap. It's just high school kids trying to make themselves feel better about their acceptances
Old 01-24-2011 at 07:57 AM   #24
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I chose it because they had more diverse soc sci options than my other choices (Guelph and Nippissing). And it worked out for the best because I decided to switch into the BA/BSW program, and the other schools don't have social work schools. McMaster has one of the best programs in the country so there's definitely no regrets coming here.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 01-24-2011 at 08:40 AM   #25
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

I didnt even bother applying to Western or queens lol

Mcmaster was my top choice for engineering even over waterloo and ryerson

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 01-24-2011 at 08:47 AM   #26
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nila* View Post
I chose McMaster because it had the only electrical and biomedical engineering program I could find. I know other schools have biomedical engineering programs, but I didn't want to suffer through two years of eng sci at U of T or take a chance on Ryerson's new program. So I'm here, and I don't regret it at all.

And those forums are all a bunch of crap. It's just high school kids trying to make themselves feel better about their acceptances
I was going to pick Ryerson too for their Biomedical Engineering, that is until I talked to the director of that program. Once he told me he "hope" to get accreditation for the program once it finish its first four year, I ran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
I didnt even bother applying to Western or queens lol

Mcmaster was my top choice for engineering even over waterloo and ryerson
What was your reasons for that?

Last edited by PHLN : 01-24-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-24-2011 at 08:53 AM   #27
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

I just liked macs campus

and queens and western are to far from home

(Mississauga)

and some other reasons too
Old 01-24-2011 at 09:03 AM   #28
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

In high school when representatives from universities came to talk to the grade twelves, the Queen's student's closing line was "so if you like yourself a lot, consider it," and when she was talking about general admission requirements she said "you have to be good at walking with your nose stuck up." She was joking, but it was still odd.
Old 01-24-2011 at 09:22 AM   #29
Moson Mo

Liked: 1 Time

I love Mac. X Western and X Queens
Old 01-24-2011 at 12:19 PM   #30
smarties13

Liked: 16 Times

wow! i come all the way from calgary to mac because that show i once watched on discovery called "med students" im taking psych here and don't regret it one bit! Mac has the coolest psych classes hard to find at other universities

lizziepizzie likes this.