MacInsiders Logo

I was just googling

Old 01-24-2011 at 08:15 PM   #46
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Btw, Mcmaster still has a shitload of hot chicks.

But McGill... You just gotta go there to know what I am talking about. It's like 100% of girls are babes.
Old 01-24-2011 at 08:18 PM   #47
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Btw, Mcmaster still has a shitload of hot chicks.

But McGill... You just gotta go there to know what I am talking about. It's like 100% of girls are babes.
mac is heaven for attractive women because most of our women are above average but our male population is seriously lacking in the hot (confidence BOOOOOOOOOOOST!)

mcgill wins at both

Old 01-24-2011
Commander
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-24-2011 at 09:02 PM   #48
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanp View Post
i have to disagree with you on the last point. maybe in health sci you're treated as an individual, but in many programs(especially science) you are definitely treated as a number.
hmm. Yea I suppose..my only experience in general science courses was first year chem, and it was definitely a "number" situation there, but I assumed it got better in upper years. However, I found my polisci course and humanities courses to be pretty good on the individual aspect as well. Maybe I've just been lucky with the right courses though.

Still got to be better than bigger universities though.

Old 01-24-2011 at 09:21 PM   #49
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

I didn't choose Mac randomly, but I did choose my program SORT of randomly. I asked my bff to pick betwen soc. sci. and humanities. He chose humanties because it comes first in the alphabet (but really because he knows me so well and that's what I would have wanted) and I have never regretted it. It is definitely the program for me!
Old 01-24-2011 at 10:00 PM   #50
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

McMaster is a big university! just to let it out.
Old 01-24-2011
Kendoon
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 01-25-2011 at 01:04 AM   #51
bcars
Elite Member

Liked: 286 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by changturkey View Post
How much did it cost to apply to all those schools? Like excess of $500?
Yeah about $600. My parents paid for it since they wanted me to have so many options (I pay all my own tuition though).

The most expensive one was Alberta -- $100, right out the ass. McGill was $80 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Sex me.

This should be posted somewhere in the student center..
Time, place, date?
Old 01-25-2011 at 07:56 AM   #52
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Depends on the science program. Bio is actually an exception--any chem, physics or math programs at Mac, as well as the biopharm program, will not treat you like a number.
i'd say even though bio and life sci are exceptions because of their size, they still probably have more students than most of the other science programs combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
hmm. Yea I suppose..my only experience in general science courses was first year chem, and it was definitely a "number" situation there, but I assumed it got better in upper years. However, I found my polisci course and humanities courses to be pretty good on the individual aspect as well. Maybe I've just been lucky with the right courses though.

Still got to be better than bigger universities though.
it might get better, but all my classes this semester have the same amount of people or more than in first year.
Old 01-25-2011 at 09:45 AM   #53
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
i'd say even though bio and life sci are exceptions because of their size, they still probably have more students than most of the other science programs combined.
Psych also has this problem to some extent, but those 3 programs (Bio, Life Sci, and Psych) are just too big to avoid it. Though, Psych is more structured and has more opportunities to interact with staff which goes a bit of a ways towards dealing with the problem.

Quote:
it might get better, but all my classes this semester have the same amount of people or more than in first year.
It never gets much better in Bio, I can't say anything about 4th year courses, but the 3rd year Bio courses are still pretty huge.