MacInsiders Logo

is it just me or...

Old 09-13-2011 at 09:41 PM   #16
TheCheese

Liked: 19 Times

Campus is definitely crazy over-crowded this year.

I hear through reputable grapevine channels that McMaster was the #1 choice for undergraduate university in Canada this year... the University Senate had a meeting about it and decided that instead of raising admission requirements (and making us more prestigious) they would actually LOWER the requirements, spread the scholarships around more and accept a butt-load of extra first years.

Go figure.
Old 09-13-2011 at 09:51 PM   #17
person33

Liked: 53 Times

people just need to learn proper walking and hallway etiquette such as not standing right in the middle of the hall while waiting for another class to come out, or not stopping in the middle of the hall/staris to have a conversation with four of your closest friends. thats what they have seats/corners that are out of the way for.

lis25 likes this.
Old 09-13-2011 at 10:06 PM   #18
gwenethrules

Liked: Liked 14 Times

mac is the worst for have the most people who are incapable of walking properly. stay on the right side
Old 09-13-2011 at 10:27 PM   #19
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

I thought the same thing too. The buses from downtown this morning.. All so crowded. Normally I wouldn't have to be first in line to get on the buses that come at 7:45ish.. But clearly, now I have to. I'm definitely hoping it's just the eager people who want to go to class cuz it's first few days of school.
Old 09-13-2011 at 10:56 PM   #20
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by person33 View Post
people just need to learn proper walking and hallway etiquette such as not standing right in the middle of the hall while waiting for another class to come out, or not stopping in the middle of the hall/staris to have a conversation with four of your closest friends. thats what they have seats/corners that are out of the way for.
Surprisingly the Bio 3FF3 class seems really good. The 3 classes I've had so far, every student stands to the side and there is always a path from BSB 147 to the exit of the building. Everyone also waits for the people to exit before even walking towards the doors. I've had so many terrible experiences with BSB 147 so that was really unexpected.
Old 09-13-2011 at 11:15 PM   #21
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Surprisingly the Bio 3FF3 class seems really good. The 3 classes I've had so far, every student stands to the side and there is always a path from BSB 147 to the exit of the building. Everyone also waits for the people to exit before even walking towards the doors. I've had so many terrible experiences with BSB 147 so that was really unexpected.
That's because its a third year class... mine are nice like that too! God help anyone who has to follow a Chem 1A03 lecture though.

L'Étoile, MirandaC like this.
Old 09-14-2011 at 08:49 AM   #22
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
That's because its a third year class... mine are nice like that too! God help anyone who has to follow a Chem 1A03 lecture though.
Yeah.... I guess all the Chem 1A03 people don't know there are multiple exits. It really seems like every single student is exiting through the back -_-
Old 09-15-2011 at 08:16 AM   #23
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

From what I hear from people at other universities, it's not just McMaster. The general consensus across the board is,

Old 09-15-2011 at 10:02 AM   #24
MirandaC

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yeah.... I guess all the Chem 1A03 people don't know there are multiple exits. It really seems like every single student is exiting through the back -_-
I am currently in chem 1A03 and it doesn't matter where you exit. Everywhere is crowded.