MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enviro 1A03 final exam paras Academics 19 04-06-2011 01:29 PM
Biology 1a03 Final Exam time luxhydrus Academics 2 12-09-2010 12:43 AM
Anthro 1A03 final exam twitterbird Academics 0 04-07-2010 09:57 AM
kin 1y03 exam twitterbird First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 11-22-2009 04:08 PM
Chemistry 1A03 - Final Exam Prep Courses? Neilius Academics 3 10-11-2008 09:28 AM

kin 1a03/1y03 final exam

Old 12-11-2012 at 07:10 PM   #1
kimjsi

Liked: 5 Times

kin 1a03/1y03 final exam
does anyone know how detail this exam was?
there's relatively few wordings on the lecture note itself, but the prof was talking forever on each slide
Old 12-11-2012 at 08:33 PM   #2
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

I found the exam to be fair as the questions were slightly easier than the weekly quiz questions. For the bell-ringer portion of the exam, the questions were straight forward and were not really detailed, like for example, last year one of labels was pointing to the Fallopian tube. Also, I think they asked what view the image for other bell-ringer images is in like it anterior, posterior etc. However, for the rest of the exam, you do need to know details like the function of various things. Like for instance, "What is the grey matter containing cell bodies (in the CNS) called?"

Last edited by Swampis : 12-11-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2012 at 09:18 PM   #3
Christ

Liked: 9 Times

For me I found the exam to be harder and more detailed compared to the weekly quizzes but I remember doing those practice questions online on the McGrawhill website before each quiz so perhaps that's why I found the quizzes to be easier, but the profs write the exam so it was different. I did worse first semester (1Y03) because I didn't know how detailed the exam would be so I just studied concepts and didn't do as well as I hoped, then for 1YY3 I memorized pretty much every detail and diagram and did fine. The questions get pretty specific so do memorize but also make sure you understand the concepts well. The bell ringer portion was fine, they never asked for anything obscure, just know the main labels (the ones you think were emphasized most during class). All pictures are in the format of [PICTURE] + 2-3 conceptual questions about it. I don't actually remember any specific questions from 1Y03 so I can't help there but label and study lab diagrams, know specifics (not to the extent of random number values, but main details) and definitely understand major concepts well. I'm pretty sure 1Y03 was more memorizing while 1YY3 was more concept based though. It's always scary studying for exams worth 50% (is it still worth this much?) but you'll be fine
Old 12-11-2012 at 09:22 PM   #4
mastercool

Liked: 22 Times

Not sure if this is a good study tip, but what I'm doing for this class is re-watching all the lectures again haha....you can re-watch all the classes over again just go to lecture podcasts when you sign into avenue
Old 12-12-2012 at 02:09 AM   #5
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercool View Post
Not sure if this is a good study tip, but what I'm doing for this class is re-watching all the lectures again haha....you can re-watch all the classes over again just go to lecture podcasts when you sign into avenue
That's more than 24-hours of lectures!!
Old 12-12-2012 at 08:43 AM   #6
jamiebenyovi

Liked: 7 Times

Were there any other diagrams on the exam besides the lab images or were the rest of the questions just straight multiple choice????
Old 12-12-2012 at 09:54 AM   #7
Christ

Liked: 9 Times

Considering they haven't changed the course outline or outline of the exams since last year, for us the only pictures/diagrams in the bell ringer portion (labeling lab images). After the bell ringer, no more pictures or labeling diagrams, BUT they will for sure ask you about concepts behind other diagrams through the MC part, they won't put a picture up and ask you to label anything after the lab portion though if that makes sense.
Old 12-12-2012 at 10:12 AM   #8
jamiebenyovi

Liked: 7 Times

Thanks that's really helpful but what do you mean they will ask us concepts behind other diagrams? Do you mean just the concepts we learned paired with diagrams in the lecture slides? So basically just everything from lecture just without diagrams??
Old 12-12-2012 at 10:25 AM   #9
Nostalgia38

Liked: 0 Times

How it happened for me last year is that basically for each picture, there's 3 questions. The first question is asking you to identify what a particular landmark is. For example they'll have 3 arrows pointing to location A,B and C. The first question will ask you only what label A is pointing at; not all three. Then the two following questions will ask you concept based things like what is the function of the thing you identified for arrow A.