Dropping Kin 3y03, 3ss3, biochem 3n03 kammy435 Academics 0 06-11-2010 11:49 AM
Bio 3SS3 Format melchizedek Academics 0 01-11-2010 03:37 PM

Kin 3SS3

Old 06-16-2009 at 12:42 AM   #16
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Kin 3SS3
This course is a pleasure to review. It has got to be my most holistic, alternative, random course I've ever taken at university. First, I'll start off by confirming...Yes, it is VERY easy. There is 1 in class test which is the easiest thing you'll every write...I was disappointed I got 1 mark off...

all say thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 06-06-2013 at 02:02 PM   #16
NA19

Liked: 1 Time
How many people were in the course? I don't have space to take it in my electives but I was thinking of randomly dropping in...
Old 06-06-2013 at 04:22 PM   #17
raptorboi

Liked: 6 Times
I just took this with Wilson and its not the easy 12 that everyone makes it out to be. In my case I was getting 11s throughout the course and then ended up with a 10. This was because of the random attendance he took. If you miss a day there goes 1% for a max of 5% (i think). So if your a student like myself who finds themself skipping class to study for another midterm then dont take it. Also the group (8 people) project, too many students with different schedules!
Old 07-08-2013 at 03:47 AM   #18
danielw

Liked: 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampis View Post
Hey, Wilson is teaching in term 2 and I was wondering if the essays are marked easy. I do not like writing but am looking for a bird course.
He basically tells you what to put in the essay. You need X amount of quotes, X amount of in class examples etc. By the time you include everything he asks you're done the essay. You won't get worse than like 85% if you put everything he says in the essay properly. Somehow people managed to screw this up and didn't put the required amount of quotes or whatever so they did bad... just follow instructions and you can do well as a bad writer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA19 View Post
How many people were in the course? I don't have space to take it in my electives but I was thinking of randomly dropping in...
i think like 60-70

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorboi View Post
I just took this with Wilson and its not the easy 12 that everyone makes it out to be. In my case I was getting 11s throughout the course and then ended up with a 10. This was because of the random attendance he took. If you miss a day there goes 1% for a max of 5% (i think). So if your a student like myself who finds themself skipping class to study for another midterm then dont take it. Also the group (8 people) project, too many students with different schedules!
^ if you skip class / won't do readings this is not for you. if you actually go to every class and do most of the readings it will be an easy 12. for the presentation he really wants you to be exactly the time he says. dont go over at all costs, and try not to be under by much.
Old 08-21-2013 at 02:04 PM   #19
mike4

Liked: 26 Times
Other than the ease of the course, was there actually anything to learn/take from this class? I need an elective that gives me a break but I don't want to just waste my time!
Old 08-26-2013 at 12:57 PM   #20
Drake

no lol you dont learn much hahaa its a waste of money for sure!

the course is much more difficult then people are saying! its not an easy 12! DONT TAKE THIS COURSE!!
Old 08-26-2013 at 07:31 PM   #21
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times
No. I can't speak for Wilson but it is incredibly easy with Dr. Paramjit Singh. Take the course if you're open to learning about the inner self and the mundane things in life. It's definitely not a waste of money or time. Just go in with an open mind and you'll learn lots.
Old 05-19-2014 at 03:21 AM   #22
Tavia12

Someone above mentioned that you won't get <85% for the essays w/ Wilson (even as a bad writer) if the instructions are followed properly. What about with Singh? I'm scared that this course will screw me over since I'm a horrible writer and essays compose 70% of your mark.
Old 03-14-2015 at 04:34 AM   #23
Bigmacfatpack

Liked: 13 Times
This course is no longer offered for 2015-2016 school year. just saying.

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search