Professor Rating
80%80%80%
Interest
80%80%80%
Easiness
60%60%60%
Average 73%
Kin 4SS3

This is a course about aging. There were two reading tests which were based on a several scientific journal articles. It was very hard to study for them, and they were pretty difficult...especiall y when she asked for specifics. The class tests weren't nearly as hard, there was just a lot of material to study. The exam was cumulative. Overall, a decent 4th year course, not overly difficult, but not easy.

maryam17 says thanks to mitch for this post.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Kin 4SS3!

Old 04-20-2011 at 04:08 PM   #2
martiul
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times
I took this course as a third year and really enjoyed McCartney teaching it.
Reading tests were MC and were difficult, but different since you had to teach it all to yourself independently.
Midterm and Final were all 1 mark short answer questions, much easier than the tricky MC in the reading tests.
Interesting content and a lot of it.
Course pack with blanks to fill in was not required, he also posted the filled in notes online.
With snow days this year we didn't get through all the material so for the final we were responsible for material not covered in class.
Old 06-06-2013 at 03:22 PM   #3
raptorboi

Liked: 6 Times
Just took this course with Howarth. I suggest taking it, worth the 8:30 class. Since you are all going to age don't you want to learn about!? As always a great lecturer and straight forward testing.
Old 08-09-2014 at 01:37 PM   #4
Tavia12

I took this course with Dr. Howarth.

Breakdown
Reading tests- 30%
Midterm- 30%
Final exam- 30%

There was a lot of content in this course, however, they were all straight forward. There was nothing that was difficult to understand. As long as you study, 10+ is manageable. Highly recommend.
Old 08-14-2014 at 12:08 AM   #5
Tavia12

I took this course last year with Dr. Howarth.

Breakdown
Reading tests- 30%
Midterm- 30%
Final exam- 30%

There was a lot of content in this course but they were all straight forward. There was nothing that was difficult to understand. As long as you study, 10+ is manageable. Just make sure that you don't leave the articles till the day before. There's short answers on her reading tests so you actually have to know it. Overall, it's a great course and I highly recommend it!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search