MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
Med Physics 1E03/Science 1E03 guptas46 Academics 0 06-02-2011 02:03 PM
Kinesiology Co-op Bee9 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 04-06-2011 04:13 PM

Kinesiology 1E03

Kinesiology 1E03
Motor Control and Learning
Published by tee.
12-25-2016
Published by

Author review
Overall Rating
80%80%80%
Professor Rating
90%90%90%
Interest
90%90%90%
Easiness
70%70%70%
Average 83%
Kinesiology 1E03

This is a first year course mandatory for first year kinesiology students. You learn how the body moves, how the performance of a skill is affected by certain variables, and how motor learning occurs. I thought the material was very interesting and many of the concepts learned can be applied to cognitive procedures too.

I had Professor Lyons for it. He was great at explaining concepts and very approachable for questions.

The textbook is mandatory; there are questions from it on the tests and exams. It is also a great way to review/ preview information presented in class. The textbook usually, not always, overlaps with content in class.

The breakdown:
30% midterm 1
30% midterm 2
40% exam

There were optional labs for bonus. I highly recommend you do them because there can be 1 or 2 questions about them on the midterms. They're quick, easy, and help solidify conclusions from experiments learned in class.

Anyway, the midterms were a bit difficult, some questions were just difficult and hard to understand, while others you have to read carefully, otherwise you can easily get them wrong. Overall, it was a good course. Make sure you go to lectures and read the textbook and you should be fine.
Deleted Post
Edit/Delete Message
Click here to add your own review for Kinesiology 1E03!

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search