Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Nov 20 : Age of Kingdom Chad Daily Game 0 11-20-2010 04:33 AM

Kingdom Hearts

Old 09-13-2012 at 11:17 PM   #1
Light

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Kingdom Hearts
Does McMaster have any Kingdom Hearts fans?

Or Final Fantasy fans (that don't diss the newer games)

Jester, Mark Gich like this.
Old 09-13-2012 at 11:31 PM   #2
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

I only played the 2nd one, and back then I was quite young and a noob at video games, so I didn't fully understand the story and appreciate the game. Even so, it is probably the best, most memorable game I've ever played.

About once a year my iPod hits Dearly Beloved while on random and the flood of emotion and nostalgia that comes with it is crazy. Every aspect of that game was just incredible.

I really want to play the original and replay Kingdom Hearts 2 sometime in the future. Hopefully before the 3rd is released. I need a job to buy a PS2 though :(.
Old 09-13-2012 at 11:32 PM   #3
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

I enjoy the series, but haven't played through Re:Coded or KH3D yet, 'cause I don't have a DS/3DS. :(

Looking forward to KH3, but considering Nomura's probably got his hands full with Versus XIII I'm not even sure it's coming out this gen.

I'm way more of an FF fan though. I'll probably diss the newer games as much as anyone else, but that's not say I didn't enjoy them, they just weren't as memorable as the older ones.

If you happened to be at AN the last two years, I was one of the panelists at the FF panel. :l
Old 09-14-2012 at 09:13 AM   #4
dani3041

Liked: 10 Times

I love Kingdom Hearts, and have played/enjoyed far too many Final Fantasy games. The FF games were kinda my childhood games, but I can still enjoy the new ones. FF XIII was bad until a little over the halfway mark when it became a story that was totally worth the LONG wait for it to pick up.

I cannot wait until they make KH III, or continue the story of Birth by Sleep.
Old 09-14-2012 at 09:58 AM   #5
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

I really like most of the FF games except for FFXIII and FFVIII, I loved FFX and FFXII though... does that count as not dissing the newer games?
Old 09-14-2012 at 10:40 AM   #6
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I enjoy the series, but haven't played through Re:Coded or KH3D yet, 'cause I don't have a DS/3DS. :(
I really *is* kinda annoying that the series keeps jumping from console to console yet... And even if it's not a "numbered" entry all the side entries are significant (honestly few would know what was going on in the beginning of KH2 if they hadn't played CoM)

Also... You missed 358/2Days for the DS... That game was a little odd, because
Spoilers:
The game ends in a way where it seems like nothing that happened in that game mattered and can be a "forgettable" entry... But then in KH3D they keep alluding to 358/2Days...
Old 09-14-2012 at 01:47 PM   #7
Mark Gich

Liked: 18 Times

FF is my favourite series. Currently playing through 9 for the first time though (don't judge me, never got it as a kid ...). X, VI and VII are my favourites. Don't want to diss the newer ones but XIII really rustled my jimmies.

Kinda new to the world of KH. I played and finished KH1 this summer and will start KH2 whenever i finish FFIX. Glad to know we have some more FF fans here at mac!
Old 09-14-2012 at 04:16 PM   #8
PockyWarrior

Liked: 34 Times

FFIX for the win XD!! (^hope you're enjoying it so far, the music for IX is my favourite of all FF's, especially if you check out their Piano Collections versions of them)

Sadly I never played through any KH other than a little bit of the first one at a friend's place =(, maybe someday..
Old 09-14-2012 at 06:29 PM   #9
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Kingdom Hearts is my favourite PS2 game EVER. I kind of dislike the GBA/DS games since they're always just rehashes of the original. The last one I played was re:Coded.
Old 09-14-2012 at 09:04 PM   #10
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
I really *is* kinda annoying that the series keeps jumping from console to console yet... And even if it's not a "numbered" entry all the side entries are significant (honestly few would know what was going on in the beginning of KH2 if they hadn't played CoM)

Also... You missed 358/2Days for the DS... That game was a little odd, because
Spoilers:
The game ends in a way where it seems like nothing that happened in that game mattered and can be a "forgettable" entry... But then in KH3D they keep alluding to 358/2Days...
Conveniently enough, I picked up 358/2 Days on sale and was able to steal a friend's DS for a few weeks to play it. =p

It was indeed forgettable, and in more than one sense of the word. Still, I remember enjoying it and some of the missions were kind of tricky, which is always a plus.
Old 09-14-2012 at 11:11 PM   #11
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

ahhhhh frickin love Kingdom Hearts
but like others I've only been able to play 1 and 2 on PS2 :(
I play them pretty much every winter and summer break ahahha
hopefully I can play the others eventually, maybe borrow some friend's consoles -3-
Old 09-15-2012 at 12:14 AM   #12
Light

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I'm so disappointed that this school does not have more FF and KH fans... all of my excitement just gone...

(>__<)

And yeah I remember that iconic line said by Roxas 'looks like my summer vacation is over'

All my feels... (Q_Q)
Old 11-05-2012 at 02:57 PM   #13
Sammy

Liked: 2 Times

I played one of the games... not sure which one. It was pretty decent.
Old 11-05-2012 at 07:59 PM   #14
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
I played one of the games... not sure which one. It was pretty decent.
If you've played the first one, then you've pretty much played most of them. All of the GBA/NDS ones are so similar to KH1, but...I enjoy them so much :'(.
Old 11-05-2012 at 11:55 PM   #15
RankNullity

Liked: 27 Times

Kingdom Hearts is my favourite game hands down.
Just wish I had more people to talk about it with :(