Kingdom Hearts

Old 11-06-2012 at 08:31 AM   #16
Mark Gich

Liked: 18 Times

that's what this thread is for!
Old 01-08-2013 at 08:57 PM   #17
Bellona52

Liked: 0 Times

I love Kingdom Hearts. It really shows that video games can be art.
Old 01-08-2013 at 09:02 PM   #18
Angoose
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Sometimes I expect the Hollow Bastion music to play as I tried to find my way out of IWC :(. Even after a couple years, it still feels like a maze.
Old 01-08-2013 at 09:02 PM   #19
chinb3

Liked: 2 Times

The Kingdom Hearts for the 3DS was alright, it had a similar style of play to number 1 and 2 except Donald and Goofy aren't your allies :( and it had an alright story but not as memorable as the first 2 games.
Old 01-08-2013 at 11:40 PM   #20
Rebellion

Liked: 12 Times

I have played most of the KH games (all of them apart from (Re)Coded, Re:Chain, and Dream Drop Distance), but I dunno. What really stands out in the games for me is really only the music. I don't really like the characters/story/gameplay all that much, and I only really enjoyed KH2 and BBS - but nothing in the other games really stood out in particular for me. I didn't really like 364/2 Days all that much. Didn't care for Chain of Memories all that much either. KH1 was OK, I didn't think it was all that great, friends liked it a lot but I honestly thought the gameplay was kind of boring. I played it after I played KH2 though, so I guess I was expecting way too much on the gameplay side of things. The other issue was the camera was way too close to Sora, and the field of view was really small for a 3rd person game. I just kept getting headaches after an hour or so of gameplay. Don't get me wrong though, I don't actually HAAATE the series. I'm just not sure about a lot of the design decisions they are making.. lol. I do actually think the developers are designing the story to be as confusing and upside-down (?) as possible, and I don't really like the way the writers direct the characters through the story (talking about BBS, by the way).

As for the Final Fantasy games, I do enjoy most of them (probably played them all as well except for XIII-2, and II.. and that phone exclusive one, I think it's called Dimensions?).. I don't really hate XIII but the biggest problem I found with it was that I felt that the characters weren't very... compelling I guess? In my opinion, the game had some of the best boss fights in the series - 13 and 12 actually. Favourite games in the series are probably FF6 and FF9 -- hell, I probably like every game in the series to some extent.. apart from some of the spinoff games.
Old 01-09-2013 at 12:13 AM   #21
Light

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RankNullity View Post
Kingdom Hearts is my favourite game hands down.
Just wish I had more people to talk about it with :(
Yes, exactly I concur.
So far I still haven't met anyone in class who speaks of this game.
This game needs a slightly larger fanbase. I'm getting bored of talking to the wall.
Old 01-09-2013 at 03:27 AM   #22
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Yes, exactly I concur.
So far I still haven't met anyone in class who speaks of this game.
This game needs a slightly larger fanbase. I'm getting bored of talking to the wall.
Who needs people in class when you have MI?

I got my hands on a 3DS and KH3D over the holidays. I'm playing through it now, but it doesn't have that "pull" that a lot of the other games had. I'm sure it'll get better, but for now it seems like a mess with too many useless mechanics.

Also the voice acting got really weird, but that's probably 'cause HJO hit puberty but is trying to sound like he did a decade ago.
Old 01-11-2013 at 07:10 AM   #23
Light

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

I got my hands on a 3DS and KH3D over the holidays. I'm playing through it now, but it doesn't have that "pull" that a lot of the other games had. I'm sure it'll get better, but for now it seems like a mess with too many useless mechanics.

Also the voice acting got really weird, but that's probably 'cause HJO hit puberty but is trying to sound like he did a decade ago.
Well let's be honest, there's a better sense of satisfaction through speaking with someone one on one and in person than through a forum.

And I agree I don't like Sora's voice acting in 3DDD but Riku's voice is the same so I'm glad (^__^)
Old 01-11-2013 at 02:36 PM   #24
Zachary

Liked: 77 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post

Well, to be fair, a very large reason for me to get KH3D is the fact it features TWEWY - I would've got the game even if I wasn't a KH fan. But I am, ergo twice the reason to get it.

I just wish we could've seen some Minamimoto Sho ...