MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any type of martial art? jitnikovi Athletics & Recreation 6 09-14-2011 09:12 AM
can we change our payment agreement type after choosing it? jessica.lau First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-07-2011 06:49 PM
Ipod Touch - How To Type In Chinese? Desda Computers & Tech 2 04-29-2011 09:51 PM
Help W/ DNA type question ginaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 03-19-2011 12:08 PM
Biodiversity/Ecology type courses? sinthusized Academics 2 06-26-2010 09:53 PM

Know how I can type on my pdf lectures?

Old 12-02-2011 at 11:33 PM   #1
fatcat

Liked: 34 Times

Know how I can type on my pdf lectures?
Similar to the one on macbooks? I just want to type directly onto my pdf lectures.
I've tried Nitro Pro but my trial is over and I don't wanna buy it, too expensive...

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2011 at 11:39 PM   #2
epikness

Liked: 37 Times

you can use One note.
open up the pdf, .. clikc on file, print...in the top section where u choose which printer to use, click one send to one note..and it will show up in onenote...where u can type on the slides.
Old 12-02-2011 at 11:43 PM   #3
ikantsepll
J's Prince

Liked: 607 Times

Check this post out. Too lazy to upload again -_-

http://www.macinsiders.com/showpost.php?p=214800 &postcount=11
Old 12-03-2011 at 12:13 AM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
Similar to the one on macbooks? I just want to type directly onto my pdf lectures.
I've tried Nitro Pro but my trial is over and I don't wanna buy it, too expensive...

Thanks.
Nitro also has a free PDF reader which allows for typing on PDFs... I've been using it for like 2-3 years now.
Old 12-03-2011 at 12:27 AM   #5
fatcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Nitro also has a free PDF reader which allows for typing on PDFs... I've been using it for like 2-3 years now.
Hmm, I never came across that...do you have a link to it?
I know you can use the nitro one that I have the trial as a demo version, but it adds a huge watermark onto the page which makes the underlying material invisible and renders the program useless .

Last edited by fatcat : 12-03-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-03-2011 at 12:30 AM   #6
fatcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by epikness View Post
you can use One note.
open up the pdf, .. clikc on file, print...in the top section where u choose which printer to use, click one send to one note..and it will show up in onenote...where u can type on the slides.
the save to one note bit doesn't come up as an option for me...
Old 12-03-2011 at 12:41 AM   #7
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

nitro or foxit... both have free versions that are not hard to find
Old 12-03-2011 at 12:43 AM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Hmm, I never came across that...do you have a link to it?
I know you can use the nitro one that I have the trial as a demo version, but it adds a huge watermark onto the page which makes the underlying material invisible and renders the program useless .
http://www.nitroreader.com/
Old 12-03-2011 at 12:44 AM   #9
fatcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikantsepll View Post
Check this post out. Too lazy to upload again -_-

http://www.macinsiders.com/showpost.php?p=214800 &postcount=11

OOOOH i downloaded it, soo nice, you can even make arrows and cloud bubbles!!

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!!!

and thanks to everyone else <3
Old 12-05-2011 at 07:45 AM   #10
reddevilchil

Liked: 2 Times

How to Print to OneNote & what to do afterwards
Quote:
the save to one note bit doesn't come up as an option for me...

It is not actually a SAVE to OneNote. When you intall Microsoft Office, it comes with a specific OneNote printer driver. What this does is allow you to "print" to OneNote which is in your computer rather than print to a sheet of paper in a printer.

Where is the OneNote printer?
So, when you press print and the window pops up, there will be a drop down menu where it says which printer you will be using, for example I have a Canon Printer so it would say that. When I press the drop down icon next to that one of the OTHER printer choices will be Print to OneNote. So just click that and voila it will transfer it to the GENERAL Incoming screen in OneNote.

What to do after printing to OneNote
If can set up tabs in the top of OneNote for your different courses and then taps on the right for the different lectures. Then, if you want the .pdf printout to go directly to one of those specific tabs instead of to the GENERAL page (which then you have to copy or move it to the tab that you want), you can go into the settings of the program and do a 1 time change so that it asks you every time you print which top/side tab you wish the document to be directed towards.

Hope this helps
Old 12-05-2011 at 07:52 AM   #11
reddevilchil

Liked: 2 Times

Printing to OneNote 2007 x64 bit
Alert!!!! Printing to OneNote 2007 64-bit does NOT work. This was a flaw with the program.

Your options if you installed Microsoft Office on the 64-bit portion of your computer.

1. Uninstall Office and re-install it on the 32-bit portion of your computer (it gives you that option when you are first installing). This will allow you to then print to OneNote 2007.

OR

2. Purchase Microsoft Office 2010 from titles (as it is really cheap there) and you can install it on either the 32-bit or the 64-bit portion of your computer.

This info is after many painful attempts to find out why my print did not work. Microsoft does not have a fix for this 2007 issue as they have already moved on the 2010.

Cheers!
Old 12-05-2011 at 02:23 PM   #12
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilchil View Post
Alert!!!! Printing to OneNote 2007 64-bit does NOT work. This was a flaw with the program.

Your options if you installed Microsoft Office on the 64-bit portion of your computer.

1. Uninstall Office and re-install it on the 32-bit portion of your computer (it gives you that option when you are first installing). This will allow you to then print to OneNote 2007.

OR

2. Purchase Microsoft Office 2010 from titles (as it is really cheap there) and you can install it on either the 32-bit or the 64-bit portion of your computer.

This info is after many painful attempts to find out why my print did not work. Microsoft does not have a fix for this 2007 issue as they have already moved on the 2010.

I have used this every time I needed to insert PDF into OneNote on my 64-bit system. It works just fine and without a hitch.

Cheers!
There's a third-party fix for this. http://xps2onenote.codeplex. com/

It's more like a work around though. It uses a different method for inserting PDF printout into OneNote
Old 12-05-2011 at 03:25 PM   #13
Jman.

Liked: 14 Times

You can open pdf files in photoshop right out of the box and if you have a tablet you can easily write on them, if not it's easy to add text.

You might be able to do it with gimp, the free, bare bones photoshop alternative, but I dunno.