MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cho Sun Ok Korean Restaurant Cliu91 Restaurants & Food Reviews 5 09-10-2013 01:13 AM
Korean Dramas/Movies Prya Movies & Television 18 09-08-2011 10:58 PM

Korean course

Old 07-14-2012 at 01:07 PM   #1
MacJk

Liked: 7 Times

Korean course
I want to take Korean as a language course, but I just realized that it's not offered at Mac. Is there a place somewhere that I can recommend opening new courses?

I was surprised actually, 'cause there were courses like Cayuga, Ojibwe, Sanskrit..etc that I've never heard of, yet there was no Korean. *This isn't meant to sound rude
Old 07-14-2012 at 03:01 PM   #2
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

Cayuga and Ojibwe are part of Indigenous Studies, I think, which is why they are offered.
FYI. :.)
Old 07-14-2012 at 04:16 PM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJk View Post
I want to take Korean as a language course, but I just realized that it's not offered at Mac. Is there a place somewhere that I can recommend opening new courses?

I was surprised actually, 'cause there were courses like Cayuga, Ojibwe, Sanskrit..etc that I've never heard of, yet there was no Korean. *This isn't meant to sound rude
If you've never heard of Cayuga, Ojibwe, or Sanskrit, you should read more and/or get out more They're not exactly obscure languages...at least, not if you live in Canada.
Old 07-14-2012 at 05:12 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

There's a lot of other popular languages that aren't offered at Mac and offered elsewhere, e.g. Arabic, Portuguese, Dutch, etc. It depends on instructor availability and the departments/how much they can handle. I'm not too sure who you can contact regarding suggesting a new course, or if that would do anything, really tbh. However, you can always take the course at another university with a letter of permission over the summer or distance education perhaps.
Old 07-14-2012 at 06:31 PM   #5
Zebedee
Resident Artist

Liked: 242 Times

No dance courses at all...tsk, tsk, tsk...shameful.
Old 07-15-2012 at 03:38 AM   #6
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
If you've never heard of Cayuga, Ojibwe, or Sanskrit, you should read more and/or get out more They're not exactly obscure languages...at least, not if you live in Canada.
Cayuga has like 100 or so native speakers total... I'd say that's pretty damn obscure, lol. I've heard most of the aboriginal language classes are pretty terrible overall (lack of language standardization, arrogant professors. etc) ... wouldn't be much of a loss in my opinion if the school just removed them completely.

Anyway OP, if you wanna learn Korean, just become friends with one of the fob-clusters that wander around campus during the school year.

Protip: Using common Korean phrases like 'gg' and 'ᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏᄏ' is a good way to assimilate, and gifting them with minerals is a great way to gain their trust. Koreans love minerals, and always require more.

jon.yoon, kaitotst, Leeoku, MacJk like this.
Old 07-15-2012 at 04:05 AM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

@Dillon im assuming that symbol is a g or q =D