MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MacReation 2013-2014 - Executive positions available! Phantom General Discussion 0 08-30-2013 05:07 PM
Students Offering Support McMaster: Looking for Executive Team Members 2013-2014 sosmcmaster General Discussion 0 08-16-2013 09:17 AM
McMaster Movie Club : 2013-2014 Executives MacMovies Clubs & Groups 0 08-14-2013 03:16 AM
McMaster ecoMentors 2012-2013 Executive Application (MSU club) ecoMentors Clubs & Groups 3 07-29-2012 09:02 PM
Announcement of IRC Executive Team for 2012-2013! McMasterIRC IRC Connection 0 03-11-2012 06:36 PM

[L.I.V.E.] McMaster LIVE CAMPAIGN EXECUTIVE APPLICATION 2013-2014

Old 09-08-2013 at 02:00 PM   #1
MACLIVE

Liked: 0 Times

[L.I.V.E.] McMaster LIVE CAMPAIGN EXECUTIVE APPLICATION 2013-2014
Hey Everyone!

LIVE is a by students, for students initiative with the primary mission of advocating individuality. We strive to challenge today society’s narrow stereotypes and standards of how one should look, feel and act; thereby building a healthier and more inclusive definition that would encourage adolescents to embrace a true positive self-image. This campaign offers awareness, education and support specifically geared towards university students.

We understand that the life of a university student can be busy and hectic, and so we take that into account when we say you can be as involved as you want!
Throughout the year, we will be holding events that may cater to your interests; please participate! We would love to work with and get to know you!

Some of you expressed interest in being part of our Exec Team. We are looking for 3 new members: VP-Promotions/Events (2), and VP-Admin (1). Attached are the applications, if interested, please hand them in by Sept. 12/13 at 11:59 p.m.!

Please refer to the attached executive application if you would like to apply!
We have the following positions open for the 2013-2014 year:
A brief description of the responsibilities are also listed below:

VP Promotions / Events (2)
• Creating publicity for club events (ie. Creating and distributing posters, painting banners, making and posting LearnLink ads)
• Seeking and organizing ideas to collect artwork throughout the year
• Contacting potential artists and meeting with them to collect artwork
Optional portfolio is an asset.

VP Admin (1)
• Taking meeting minutes for every meeting
• Booking rooms for meetings, as well as tables and banner space in the student center
• Logistics management (i.e. contacting MSU in terms of organizing art gallery, managing facebook page etc.)

APPLICATIONS ARE DUE Sept 13th at 11:59 P.M, please send them to [email protected] om

Name:
Year:
Program:
Preferred Position:

Questions (up to 250 words each)

1) Why do you feel that it is important to promote Love, Image, Value, and Esteem?

2) What are some of your ideas or ways to promote these 4 elements?

3) What qualities/skills do you have that would make you an ideal candidate for your preferred position? (Please provide examples)
Old 09-08-2013 at 02:25 PM   #2
AvacadoLover
Account Locked

Liked: 51 Times

Name: John
Year: 4
Program: SE
Preferred Position: VP Promotion

Questions (up to 250 words each)

1) Why do you feel that it is important to promote Love, Image, Value, and Esteem?

Youths today are confused and disoriented. They don't know what to do and how to be themselves and eventually turns toward homosexuality as their identity. While I know that for most this is a genetic disorder, most refused treatment. There are some that do it just to be unique and different among their peers and eventually forget what their true identity is. There are some that do it just to be unique and different among their peers and eventually forget what their true identity is. We need to promote Love, Image, Value and Esteem the way it used to be known. We need to prevent the rampage misdirection that the youths are taking.

2) What are some of your ideas or ways to promote these 4 elements?

The best way is to borrow techniques from advertising. We need to spread this awareness by exposing youths constantly to the fundamental message that it is ok to be heterosexual. True Love Parades will exhibit this with normal loving hetero-couples walking down the street. Posters and banners will centered around Student Centers, specifically the 2nd floor. Social events and sport teams can even be introduced to allow youths to see that they can act normal and still receive attentions.

3) What qualities/skills do you have that would make you an ideal candidate for your preferred position? (Please provide examples)

I am a mature, loving individual that understanding and sympathize with everyone, especially those that need help. I am a firm believer that while the mountain might be steep, a small climb everyday will guarantee success in the long run. When I set a goal, I always achieve it no matter what.