MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lab coats for chemistry? wintermelon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-15-2008 08:30 PM

Lab coats for Physics 1B03

Old 09-09-2012 at 11:15 PM   #1
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Liked: 64 Times

Lab coats for Physics 1B03
Are lab coats required for Physics 1B03?
Old 09-09-2012 at 11:20 PM   #2
vthana

Liked: 0 Times

Nope, the labs are mostly collecting and analyzing data, understanding course content and computer work.

Alexmahone says thanks to vthana for this post.
Old 09-09-2012 at 11:23 PM   #3
Alexmahone
Elite Member

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthana View Post
Nope, the labs are mostly collecting and analyzing data, understanding course content and computer work.
Could you tell me a little about the computer work? Which software do they use?
Old 09-09-2012 at 11:31 PM   #4
vthana

That's a good question, and one I don't have an answer too, I took the course first semester of first year and don't remember.

I do remember, that there was a mini training lab session that we did when I took the course so you could get used to the program. The lab manual guides you through the use of the program pretty well too.

The work itself is mostly plugging in numbers from an experiment and generating graphs, then analyzing the graphs. There could be something a bit more in depth in some of the labs but I'm not too sure.
Old 09-10-2012 at 12:50 PM   #5
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

You got data from the experiment, which are quite straightforward. Like first lab you use measuring tape, next lab you use a timer, then you use an ECG type machine that saves data into a USB drive for you to work up in the computer lab and so forth. The last lab might be a bit challenging due to its setup, but its nowhere close to being unbearable.

Your main data analysis comes from compiling data and organizing it in excel, then writing up a report.
Old 09-10-2012 at 02:57 PM   #6
alanza

Liked: 1 Time

lab coats definitely not required. the lab rooms have desks. you're working with computers and little demonstration setups-not messy. good luck!

Alexmahone says thanks to alanza for this post.
Old 09-10-2012 at 03:03 PM   #7
vthana

Was this for 1b03 or 1bb3?

I don't remember any reports for 1b03. :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle View Post
You got data from the experiment, which are quite straightforward. Like first lab you use measuring tape, next lab you use a timer, then you use an ECG type machine that saves data into a USB drive for you to work up in the computer lab and so forth. The last lab might be a bit challenging due to its setup, but its nowhere close to being unbearable.

Your main data analysis comes from compiling data and organizing it in excel, then writing up a report.

Last edited by vthana : 09-10-2012 at 03:24 PM.