MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LABOUR STUDIES 1A03 or COMMUNICATION STUDIES? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-28-2009 05:43 PM

Labour Studies

Old 12-06-2012 at 07:31 PM   #1
hello1902

Liked: 0 Times

Labour Studies
Does anyone know how important the course pack readings will be? They seem pretty specific and hard to remember. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2012 at 07:55 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello1902 View Post
Does anyone know how important the course pack readings will be? They seem pretty specific and hard to remember. Thanks!
Let's start with which labour studies course you're referring to.
Old 12-06-2012 at 07:56 PM   #3
Brendan

Liked: 13 Times

Are you talking about 1A03?
Old 12-06-2012 at 07:59 PM   #4
hello1902

Liked: 0 Times

yes labour studies 1a03
Old 12-06-2012 at 08:34 PM   #5
Alina

Liked: 2 Times

i'm taking it right now and if I remember, he said his lectures had sufficent information, but the course pack provided more detailed info if you needed it...
Old 12-06-2012 at 08:35 PM   #6
Brendan

Liked: 13 Times

Dr. Goutor said that everything on the exam will have at least been mentioned during lecture. And looking through the practice exams, I could answer the majority of the questions based on the information given in lecture.

My TA told our tutorial to base our answers on the content from lecture and then add whatever specific details we can remember from the articles. As well, she said it would be best to give the name of the author to our answer. But the focus is on lecture content.

That being said, I am still going to go over the articles. I won't try to remember all the details, but I will try to remember which articles are related to certain course themes.

Just reading through the course outline and the practice exams, I'm guessing the most important articles relate to pre-industrial struggles, KoL/AFL, immigrant labour, deskilling of craftsmen/industrial revolution techniques, Winnipeg General Strike, women in the Great Depression, and the Rand Formula.

Alina, nadinee like this.
Old 12-07-2012 at 12:35 AM   #7
Con19

Liked: 4 Times

^This guys got it. If you focus on those themes of the course you should be in good shape.