MacInsiders Logo

Lactose Intolerance Pills

Old 10-21-2009 at 09:47 AM   #31
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylojl View Post
Those pills don't work for me. They work for a small amount of dairy, but I can't eat pizza or ice cream. I swear by imodium. I take them right after I have dairy, even before the symptoms start.
From what I understand, you're supposed to take them before you have dairy.

See, pizza doesn't make me feel that sick. Definitely when I have cereal, pasta (which is heartbreaking really, since it's about the only food I like), ice cream, cheese. :(

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-21-2009 at 09:48 AM   #32
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Good thing I don't eat yogurt anyways. Just milk and cheese. ;D
Normal yogurt is actually quite good for you... what I'm saying is that "probiotic" yogurt is no better for you than normal yogurt. You'll also be able to comfortably digest a yogurt cup without the aid of a lactase pill since yogurt naturally has very little lactose in it. It's an effective way to eat dairy without taking any pills.
Old 10-21-2009 at 10:15 AM   #33
taylojl

Liked: 20 Times

I did take the lactose pills BEFORE eating dairy. They still did not work. If you don't have issues with pizza then I'm very surprised. I would look into if you have an intolerance to dairy or something else. Pasta and Cereal? Lactase will do nothing for those. Perhaps you have something else going on.
Old 10-21-2009 at 10:21 AM   #34
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylojl View Post
I did take the lactose pills BEFORE eating dairy. They still did not work. If you don't have issues with pizza then I'm very surprised. I would look into if you have an intolerance to dairy or something else. Pasta and Cereal? Lactase will do nothing for those. Perhaps you have something else going on.
Well no, I just meant cereal 'cause of the milk and pasta 'cause of the cheese. And they're about the only foods I like, lol.

I get sick by just drinking milk and eating cheese.

I put very little cheese on my pizza though. o_o

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Last edited by lawleypop : 10-21-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-21-2009 at 11:06 AM   #35
taylojl

Liked: 20 Times

Ahh okay, now that makes sense! But yea, it's worth a shot trying lactase pills! And have imodium as back up. I know the stress of this kinda thing...it's not fun. Good luck! I hope you figure this issue out.

lawleypop likes this.