MacInsiders Logo
Old 06-21-2011 at 07:31 PM   #16
stja1

Liked: 4 Times

My friend has a girlfriend in California and he lives here they've never met only webcam chats and met on PS3 I believe Call of Duty. There is no doubt it could work I would just not reccomend it though just stick to someone at Mac lol.
Old 06-21-2011 at 07:33 PM   #17
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stja1 View Post
My friend has a girlfriend in California and he lives here they've never met only webcam chats and met on PS3 I believe Call of Duty. There is no doubt it could work I would just not reccomend it though just stick someone at Mac lol.
fixed that for you

m0ns13ur likes this.
Old 06-21-2011 at 08:44 PM   #18
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cintdrix View Post
LDR can work as long as you do it right. I am (sort of) in one right now since high school. The key to success is to give each other freedom and trust. For me and my gf, we still went out and partied, got drunk, went clubbing where we were even allowed to dance with other people, but this only works when you can trust your partner completely. You must avoid jealousy (it can be hard) and talk to each other without being too clingy. I thought my relationship was going great but then she said we needed to go on a break so maybe you shouldn't listen to me .
It will work if you want it. If you have doubts, you probably shouldn't bother getting into it because you might regret it later.
lol wow, going on a break means she found someone else or wants to see other guys, this is what happens when you're too liberal in your relationship. lol at letting your gf dance with other guys, grow some balls.

Eternal Fire says thanks to RockerSocker for this post.

Dopematic, Eternal Fire like this.
Old 07-05-2011 at 02:13 AM   #19
ash_jayalal

Liked: 0 Times

it can work, but it has to be a serious relp and u hav to completely trust each other. setting aside a fixed time each day is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL
Old 07-05-2011
ash_jayalal
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 09-14-2011 at 02:48 PM   #20
StephanieZ

Liked: 0 Times

I think LDRs can work if both of you want it to work. I have been in a relationship for three years now and it started off being LDR for the first year. We didn't see each other often, but as long as you stay connected through skype, texting, emails, things can work. There are still times now when we have to be apart, be it is still working for us. Trust is a big factor too. If you don't trust your significant other than you might become paranoid. Also, other opportunities will arise and at that point you have to evaluate the importance of your LDR and hopefully the person is important enough to you to stay faithful. If not, you should break it off and not drag them along, because they could be finding someone else too.
Old 09-14-2011 at 03:50 PM   #21
inthemaking

Liked: 26 Times

They can work out but you must have some end in sight where you finally will be in the same place. Nobody wants to do a possible 10 year LDR. Skype is crucial to a LDR, as well as making time to talk to each other in a busy day.

I was in a LDR for 2 years while at Mac (total relationship length = 4 years, we started dating in grade 11 and then went to different universities). The relationship didn't end because of the distance though I would say that did play a role (ie. might have stayed together longer if we saw each other more often, but in the end we would've broken up anyway).

Last edited by inthemaking : 09-14-2011 at 03:54 PM.