MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone currently watching Highschool of the dead? xxsumz Anime & Comic Books 4 09-12-2010 11:31 AM
Left Calculator at Exam... scott000 General Discussion 1 04-23-2010 02:16 PM
MadeByMac - 4 days left! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 02-02-2009 01:41 AM

Left 4 Dead 2 anyone?

Old 10-15-2010 at 08:08 PM   #16
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
Man, if you guys think L4D or L4D2 (especially the latter) is scary... then never play the Penumbra series/Amnesia, let alone any of the Resident Evils or Silent Hills...
You want scary? Play Condemned: Criminal Origins. Hands down the scariest game I've played. Damn mannequins in this one level was so messed up. I heard the sequal, Bloodshoot takes it up a level but I've never tried it myself lol.
Old 10-15-2010 at 09:45 PM   #17
MohitB

Liked: 3 Times

Have it on 360. Add my GT: DonMKB.
Old 10-15-2010 at 10:59 PM   #18
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohitB View Post
Have it on 360. Add my GT: DonMKB.
Like I said, I'm an elitist about this, I refuse to play a console FPS because it has auto-aim analog syndrome and it just not good/fun/dynamic.

Old 10-16-2010 at 12:51 AM   #19
mohammyt

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Like I said, I'm an elitist about this, I refuse to play a console FPS because it has auto-aim analog syndrome and it just not good/fun/dynamic.
+1

6charrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:02 AM   #20
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammyt View Post
no youre women should stay in the kitchen makin sammich
I'm sorry master. I need to learn my place. However, I do not know how to make a sammich. Would you like some virtual though?
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:47 AM   #21
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
I'm sorry master. I need to learn my place. However, I do not know how to make a sammich. Would you like some virtual though?
You must think you're acting 'quirky and unique' with this virtual poo stuff, but you're honestly not trolling anyone successfully, so please, just go back to laying there motionless crying during sex like the rest of your awkward internet-absorbed breed.

AREN'T YOU SO KAWAIIII!

Old 10-16-2010 at 08:50 AM   #22
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
I'm not talking about Xbox...who in their right mind plays a FPS on a console...

I'm clearly talking about PC lulz
Respect. Agreed.
Old 10-16-2010 at 10:27 AM   #23
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
You must think you're acting 'quirky and unique' with this virtual poo stuff, but you're honestly not trolling anyone successfully, so please, just go back to laying there motionless crying during sex like the rest of your awkward internet-absorbed breed.

AREN'T YOU SO KAWAIIII!
Get off my nuts bro, I can type however the hell I want

oh ps, i forgot to give u something -

*snicker*
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:20 PM   #24
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

FPS on compy is for people who can't get / have very little achievements on XBOX 360. It's all about being an "Achievement Whore" these days.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:36 PM   #25
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintos View Post
FPS on compy is for people who can't get / have very little achievements on XBOX 360. It's all about being an "Achievement Whore" these days.
Or it's for people who like;

a) being able to turn around and aim at something effectively
b) being able to headshot someone knowing that it took skill and not randomly shooting the air around their head for one (autoaim syndrome)
c) not playing with 14 year olds shrieking into their xbox live headsets
d) competitive gameplay
e) not having their game's graphics capped by their machine's preset
f) doing more than just whoring achievements (OH GOOD FOR YOU! YOU SHOT SOMETHING! YAY! /call of duty)

Old 10-16-2010 at 07:43 PM   #26
Sintos

Liked: 85 Times

Quote:

b) being able to headshot someone knowing that it took skill and not randomly shooting the air around their head for one (autoaim syndrome)
d) competitive gameplay
f) doing more than just whoring achievements (OH GOOD FOR YOU! YOU SHOT SOMETHING! YAY! /call of duty)
Very Nice...

Here's my rebuttal...

a) With enough practice easily done with a controller.
b) Did you just relate auto aiming to a disease like syndrome? If anything auto aim is what makes it fun (whoever auto aims first wins!)
c) This is the best part of xbox, don't kid yourself.... especially if you yell back while drinking with friends.
d) Its always competitive even if your playing wii.
e) What if you have a shittycomp? (like moi)
f) You should see CoD achieves these days... brutallllllll. And Achievement Whoring is a sport lol. At least you have something (I admit its useless, but still something) to show how much effort you put into your games as opposed to just playing.

Counter-rebuttal now.
Old 10-16-2010 at 07:58 PM   #27
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:

d) competitive gameplay
a) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhwGVkNFVes <- That's a console UT3 player, he's better than 99% of PC players I've come across
b) See above video
c) Playing on PS3 avoids most of that... or you could just not plug-in the mic...
d) See MLG and Gamebattles, console FPS currently have a more vibrant competitive community than PC
e) Have fun sitting around waiting for your game to install and tweaking settings to get it to run ideally (and spending $700+ on a nice i7 + GTX 480 combo so you can play the game with the best settings) while console games spend $300 on hardware and never have to worry about installations
f) Steam supports achievements... actually, quite a few PC games have them nowadays...
Old 10-16-2010 at 08:14 PM   #28
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Playing an FPS with a joystick is like playing a racing game with a joystick - sure it's possible, but why not use something 100x better (i.e., a mouse, or a racing wheel for racing games).

My aim is 50x more precise with a mouse - why make myself such a worse player by playing on console, ESPECIALLY when I know if I ever die half the time it's just auto-aim as opposed to someone straight up out-shooting me?

And this has nothing to do with practice - there's a reason why games like Counter-Strike are only popular on the PC, and are considered some of the most competitive FPS games ever created.

Plus, please don't mention CoD (well, MW2 to be specific). That game is NOT competitive. You can't even goddamn scrim - there's not even dedicated servers.

The fact is some games just weren't meant to be played on the console, like FPS. Conversely, some games like fighting games or adventure games are 100x better on console, and I would laugh if you wanted to play something like Street Fighter 4 on PC. That's just how it is.
Old 10-17-2010 at 02:24 AM   #29
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Playing an FPS with a joystick is like playing a racing game with a joystick - sure it's possible, but why not use something 100x better (i.e., a mouse, or a racing wheel for racing games).
Racing Wheel >>>> Analogue Stick > D-Pad/Mouse

Rakim likes this.
Old 10-17-2010 at 02:33 AM   #30
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Racing Wheel >>>> Analogue Stick > D-Pad/Mouse
racing wheeeeeeeeeeeeelsssss sss ;D