MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Course Availability Survey ~*Sara*~ Academics 32 01-22-2011 07:40 AM
MSU Website Survey mkozi MacInsiders Announcements 6 05-18-2010 09:16 PM
Your City Survey finklej MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-06-2010 11:00 AM

Let us know how we can improve MacInsiders! (Take this 3 question survey)

Click the link below to take the quick 3-question survey and let us know how we can make MacInsiders better for 2013!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DRM26HN

Note: Survey responses are completely anonymous - speak your mind!

Thank you

jim1 says thanks to Chad for this post.

Commie42, jim1 like this.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 01-23-2013 at 07:24 PM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times
Hopefully a lot of people can fill this out. Will definitely help in improving MacInsiders to become even a better community than right now..

Chad says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.

Commie42 likes this.

Old 01-25-2013 at 10:40 AM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
So far some great feedback coming in, thanks everyone! If you haven't filled out the survey yet, please do.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DRM26HN

Old 01-25-2013 at 07:50 PM   #4
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times
Hey Chad,
While I wouldn't consider this an "improvement" per say I have been itching to create an android app myself lately but haven't found any good ideas for one. I think an app for macinsiders would benefit mobile navigation and would like to try developing it. I am currently on a coop as a software developer that includes a lot of mobile dev so I have plenty of experience, particularly with android and Java.

If you are interested let me know. The idea is I'd take it on as a pet project (for free) and then (once most of the functionality is in place) allow you to publish the source code somewhere and allow other students etc to improve upon it in an open source fashion.

Chad says thanks to qwerty91 for this post.

*spark*, ashleighp, Ponyo like this.

Old 01-25-2013 at 08:09 PM   #5
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty91 View Post
Hey Chad,
While I wouldn't consider this an "improvement" per say I have been itching to create an android app myself lately but haven't found any good ideas for one. I think an app for macinsiders would benefit mobile navigation and would like to try developing it. I am currently on a coop as a software developer that includes a lot of mobile dev so I have plenty of experience, particularly with android and Java.

If you are interested let me know. The idea is I'd take it on as a pet project (for free) and then (once most of the functionality is in place) allow you to publish the source code somewhere and allow other students etc to improve upon it in an open source fashion.
Try e-mailing Chad and/or PMing him to possibly get a hold of him. You two will have to engage in an offline discussion anyway if he is interested.

Old 01-26-2013 at 12:19 AM   #6
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times
Quote:
Hey Chad,

Make a mobile version of the chat on Macinsiders. I started doing one in Java, but got lazy and didn't get much further than developing an API.

I can give you my code if you want, and you can work from that.

Old 01-26-2013 at 04:00 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Hey Chad,

That is a fantastic idea. I would be more than happy to help support you any way I can so we can have one built. I know that the 'mobile' version of MI is lacking, unfortunately there aren't many good mobile themes for VBulletin Forums (the software this site runs on). A native app would be amazing and fast too.

Give me a shout at [email protected] om and we'll get started on it.

Old 01-26-2013 at 04:14 PM   #8
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Make a mobile version of the chat on Macinsiders. I started doing one in Java, but got lazy and didn't get much further than developing an API.

An MI Chat app would be pretty amazing. Imagine any mac student being able to use their phone and text chat with the rest of the MI community anytime anywhere. Would be pretty powerful.

Anyone interested let me know.

Old 01-26-2013 at 07:44 PM   #9
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
An MI Chat app would be pretty amazing. Imagine any mac student being able to use their phone and text chat with the rest of the MI community anytime anywhere. Would be pretty powerful.

Anyone interested let me know.
I'm interested in this one. Dillon, can you share your code (either privately or openly? I'd prefer open source for this one though). I have a REST client going for another Android project that I'm doing, I think this would be quite similar in how it works.

Also, can we have a thread for this (MI Chat mobile client). I could go through the js calls in the scripts but Chad, which chat script do we use?

Old 01-26-2013 at 10:49 PM   #10
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Hey Afzal. Definitely we can work together on this. Chat client is a PHP plugin.

Start a new thread and we can discuss separately...

Post URL in here once you start it

Old 01-26-2013 at 11:29 PM   #11
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
Done. http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea....html?p=358708

Old 01-31-2013 at 10:21 PM   #12
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Do you plan on releasing the results of the survey to the MI community in whole?

Old 01-31-2013 at 10:31 PM   #13
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

We will be analysing and summarizing the results to share with the community. You will definitely hear plans of new features and ideas that came out of the survey.

Since all the questions were open ended it will take a while to compile, analyse and summarize the feedback. No ETA yet on when this will be completed.

jim1 says thanks to Chad for this post.

Old 01-31-2013 at 10:55 PM   #14
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
We will be analysing and summarizing the results to share with the community. You will definitely hear plans of new features and ideas that came out of the survey.

Since all the questions were open ended it will take a while to compile, analyse and summarize the feedback. No ETA yet on when this will be completed.
Alrighty, fair enough. I look forward to see the results.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search