MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Sci 2c03 parachb 2nd Year Course Reviews 15 01-04-2016 12:50 PM
Life 2C03 and Life 2D03 snair Academics 3 08-18-2010 02:11 PM
Is anyone looking to drop Life Sci 2C03 OR Life Sci 2H03 Rakim Academics 20 06-20-2010 06:44 PM
Life Sci 2c03... Toast Academics 4 06-17-2010 10:06 PM
Life Sci 2B03 vs. Life Sci 2C03 Black.Mamba Academics 7 06-13-2010 11:02 PM

Life Sci 2C03

Old 03-25-2010 at 02:47 AM   #1
Cassanova

Liked: 30 Times

Life Sci 2C03
So we just got our test 2 marks back. and I must say more than half the class failed.

WTF

I got 8/20!!!

I studied pretty hard for this test, I wasn't confident coming out of it but I know I passed.

I don't understand Dr. Ullal he is a great prof, the course is interesting but its marking scheme is so b.s. There is so much bias. The T.A's are grad students from UofT and I've noticed some mark really, really easy, while others are just harsh.

I'm really upset, I can't even drop this course anymore without failure. I've done fairly well on the first test and assignment 80%+ now with this my life is like over. Do professors give make up assignments or something?
Old 03-25-2010 at 10:02 AM   #2
RTinkess31

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassanova View Post
The T.A's are grad students from UofT and I've noticed some mark really, really easy, while others are just harsh.
Where the T.A.'s did their undergrad makes no difference, there will always be discrepancies between them.

Quote:
I'm really upset, I can't even drop this course anymore without failure. I've done fairly well on the first test and assignment 80%+ now with this my life is like over.
The first fail in university is always a shock to the system, but it's far from the end of the world

Quote:
Do professors give make up assignments or something?
Not usually
Old 03-25-2010 at 12:47 PM   #3
demelo_b

Liked: 14 Times

life sci 2c03
Im in the course too, and im not liking it what so ever.

By the time its over, we're going have about 40 lectures, about 5 pages per lecture, of 6 slides per page.

I know this is university and all, but holy shit, is there ever alot of nit picky useless details that he can test us on!

I like him as a prof, he just needs to slow down, as many students have already told him!
Old 03-25-2010 at 03:31 PM   #4
Cassanova

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by demelo_b View Post
Im in the course too, and im not liking it what so ever.

By the time its over, we're going have about 40 lectures, about 5 pages per lecture, of 6 slides per page.

I know this is university and all, but holy shit, is there ever alot of nit picky useless details that he can test us on!

I like him as a prof, he just needs to slow down, as many students have already told him!
I know! I really do love his teaching style, and even the content. Its just the way its marked. its horrible!!
Old 03-25-2010 at 06:25 PM   #5
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinkess31 View Post
The first fail in university is always a shock to the system, but it's far from the end of the world
It is if you held hopes of going to med school.
Old 03-25-2010 at 07:17 PM   #6
Shalin

Liked: 0 Times

one fail isnt the end of the world. even if u held hopes for med school...one fail isnt gonna change much if ur other marks are upto par. jst concentrate on the exams cause its not like u can do anything about the test marks.
Old 03-25-2010 at 07:20 PM   #7
arathbon
Elite Member

Liked: 307 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalin View Post
one fail isnt the end of the world. even if u held hopes for med school...one fail isnt gonna change much if ur other marks are upto par. jst concentrate on the exams cause its not like u can do anything about the test marks.
No its not going to for sure keep you out of med school but even if you get A+'s in everything else you'd end up with a 3.6 for the year. So I'm sure it'd seem like it.

But don't give up.
Old 03-25-2010 at 08:14 PM   #8
InaBallerina

Liked: 0 Times

I am also in the course.. the worst part about getting a sub-par mark on the second test was that I walked out of there thinking that I NAILED it!
Seeing my mark today was not the best part of my day.

I love going to the class, find the lectures awesome, think Dr. Ullal is a fantastic prof, but the marking is not my favourite. I can't wait to attend the office hour to see the test.