Life Sci 2N03 seanemone Academics 2 01-05-2012 02:21 PM
Life SCI 2N03 Jason036 Academics 2 06-14-2011 01:11 PM

Life Sci 2N03

Old 06-11-2013 at 09:34 PM   #1
bobsingh

Liked: 11 Times

Life Sci 2N03
Hey

I was wondering if anyone took life sci 2n03 with D. PINCIVERO here? How was it? Is it a difficult course?
Old 06-13-2013 at 02:13 PM   #2
AmandaFrole

Liked: 0 Times

I really like Dr.P...I had him for Kin 1yy3 and this course and I thought he was pretty laid back and he tests fairly. The material isn't bad at all...its basically memorization! Good-luck!
Old 06-13-2013 at 11:24 PM   #3
banana93

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaFrole View Post
I really like Dr.P...I had him for Kin 1yy3 and this course and I thought he was pretty laid back and he tests fairly. The material isn't bad at all...its basically memorization! Good-luck!
Hey, I also took both kins. I did great on the weekly tests until the exam came along and dropped my GPA drastically. I was always good with memorization, but I think kin was just too much and 50% exam was a heavy weight for me. What do you say about 2N03 in comparison to kin?
Old 06-13-2013 at 11:35 PM   #4
kitty1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 26 Times

Pincivero is a great prof no matter what course! 2N03 was super easy with him!
Old 06-14-2013 at 11:16 AM   #5
AmandaFrole

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana93 View Post
Hey, I also took both kins. I did great on the weekly tests until the exam came along and dropped my GPA drastically. I was always good with memorization, but I think kin was just too much and 50% exam was a heavy weight for me. What do you say about 2N03 in comparison to kin?
I thought 2N03 was DEF easier than Kin 1YY3. Kin had a lot of memorization but N03 was easier to understand and memorize. Everybody usually loves that course

banana93 says thanks to AmandaFrole for this post.
Old 06-14-2013 at 01:29 PM   #6
banana93

Anyone know if Dr.P teaches 2nd term 2N03 too? Mcmaster timetable got no name for 2nd term.
Old 06-14-2013 at 02:23 PM   #7
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Life Sci 2N03 is a great course no matter who is teaching it. The last lectures can be a bit content heavy, and it does involve a fair bit of memorization but the tests are fair, and the material is really relevant to your day to day life. Understanding how the different macro- and micro-nutrients work is a lot easier when you tie it to the physiology and general workings of the body. The course helps you better understand some basic physio, basic biochemistry and you can apply it to your other classes as well.

It's one of the courses that can change your life if you take it seriously; it helped me really evaluate what and how I was eating and how I could maintain both a healthier diet and a healthier lifestyle (activity included). I took it with Westman who tossed in a few tips about optimizing exercise for weight loss which is helpful to know if you're interested in getting in shape

Overall it was a fantastic course and probably one of the most useful ones I've taken at Mac

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

kshk_s likes this.