MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Science 3J03: Human Biomechanics shelbs 3rd Year Course Reviews 7 07-03-2016 06:46 PM
Life Sci 3J03 (Biomechanics) mannequin General Discussion 1 05-31-2014 12:48 PM
Life Science 3J03 shelbs Academics 9 06-06-2013 11:42 AM
Dropping Biology 3UU3 or Earth Sci 3J03? Let me know!! katesaidhi Academics 0 01-06-2010 09:39 AM

Life Sci 3J03 - Waiver?

Old 06-07-2015 at 01:27 PM   #1
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

Life Sci 3J03 - Waiver?
Anyone know if it's possible to take Life Sci 3J03 (Biomechanics) or Life Sci 3K03 (Neural Control of Movement) with a waiver? I never took Kinesiology 1Y03/1YY3, but it's in my course options.
Old 06-07-2015 at 03:07 PM   #2
shelbs

Liked: 15 Times

I took this course in Winter 2014 and other people were able to get waivers to take the class without having taken Kin 1Y03/1YY3. I don't think the professor at the time (Dr. Dowling) liked doing this, so I'm not sure if he will continue to make exceptions in the future. I would try emailing the professor (I'm not sure if it is the same professor but find out who is teaching the course and contact them to ask)

bradyr says thanks to shelbs for this post.

bradyr likes this.
Old 06-07-2015 at 04:13 PM   #3
bradyr

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbs View Post
I took this course in Winter 2014 and other people were able to get waivers to take the class without having taken Kin 1Y03/1YY3. I don't think the professor at the time (Dr. Dowling) liked doing this, so I'm not sure if he will continue to make exceptions in the future. I would try emailing the professor (I'm not sure if it is the same professor but find out who is teaching the course and contact them to ask)
Thank you! By chance, do you know anything about Life Science 3A03? I might want to take a class that conflicts with the timing, but I heard that Life Science 3A03 is an online class, so I don't know how big of a problem it will be?
Old 06-07-2015 at 05:15 PM   #4
SciGuy

Liked: 1 Time

Life Sci 3A03 is not online, it has lectures and tutorials. However, pretty much everything that we learned in class was from the slides.
Old 06-07-2015 at 09:24 PM   #5
shelbs

I took 3A03 Fall 2014, I would recommend going to class if you can do so. Most of the content IS on the slides, but for a lot of topics, I found that it was really helpful to hear a verbal explanation. It really helped with my understanding, especially because there were a few slides that were just diagrams, and the verbal explanation of the processes depicted in the diagram was super helpful (the diagram on its own was really not sufficient (in my opinion) and the content explained in the diagram was on a midterm). This is just my opinion though, I'm sure you could do well without going

bradyr says thanks to shelbs for this post.

bradyr likes this.
Old 08-08-2015 at 08:20 PM   #6
algayyob

Liked: 0 Times

Can you skip class for Life Sci 3J03? I heard the professor gave the students a CD containing all lecture notes, so is it possible to skip class?
Old 08-10-2015 at 02:45 PM   #7
shelbs

Ya, I seem to recall that skipping 3J03 wasn't a big deal because the notes that he displays are all on the CD, so everyone has a copy. Depending on how comfortable you are with physics, it might be a good idea to go and watch the professor do example problems. Really depends on your comfort level with the material