MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-30-2011 at 09:39 PM   #1
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

Life Sci at MAC!
Anyone know when the next round of offers are coming? Would an 85.3 be sufficient enough to get me in? I heard the high cut off from last year dropped. Do I stand any chance at all?
Old 04-30-2011 at 09:53 PM   #2
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

Nobody could predict correctly whether or not you'll get in.

Just cross your fingers and wait for the last round of offers, I think they go out early-to-mid May.
Old 05-01-2011 at 08:34 AM   #3
Biochem47
Elite Member

Liked: 73 Times

I thought the cut-off rasied from last year?
Old 05-01-2011 at 09:58 AM   #4
lifesciman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biochem47 View Post
I thought the cut-off rasied from last year?
No, people are getting early acceptance with an 87-88 this year...last year late acceptance was an 87
Old 05-01-2011 at 11:10 AM   #5
lifesciman1

I am like not functional right now...can anyone give me addmissions email address. I cant seem to be able to do anything until i know if im in or not...
Old 05-01-2011 at 11:02 PM   #6
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesciman1 View Post
I am like not functional right now...can anyone give me addmissions email address. I cant seem to be able to do anything until i know if im in or not...

Yes it is stressful not knowing if you are going to be accepting into the program and university you want, but it's best to ignore this anxiety and focus on finishing your high school year really strong. Don't fall behind. And besides if you're accepted you're going to get an email from them. If you email them they are going to tell you to wait or not reply at all.

If you fall behind and you end up getting accepted... well remember you also need to keep up your marks so that you keep your admission status.

Good luck!

lbqjenny likes this.
Old 05-01-2011 at 11:19 PM   #7
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times

hey, obama is dead so anything is possible
Old 05-03-2011 at 03:11 PM   #8
Little

Liked: 3 Times

This probably won't make you feel better but I know a person last year who had 86 and didn't get in
Old 05-03-2011 at 04:13 PM   #9
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little View Post
This probably won't make you feel better but I know a person last year who had 86 and didn't get in
Since ever year is different, it's best not to worry about what HAS happened opposed to what WILL happen.
Old 05-03-2011 at 04:28 PM   #10
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Well since you can't function properly without knowing, I'm going to lie to you and tell you that you definitely got in. The only problem is that you need to do reallllly well on your exams or they'll revoke your offer! Get crackin!