MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LIFE SCIENCE Timetable :D Biochem47 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 08-26-2010 09:16 AM
Timetable 10/11 Life Science Aadilb7 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-26-2010 03:33 PM

Life Science 1 Timetable HELP!! (Please help me T T ..LOL)

Old 08-09-2011 at 10:27 AM   #16
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

For Pysc 1X03, all the lectures are online and you do it in your free time. Make sure you do whatever online material you have to do before you go to your tutorial though.

HanPark9205 says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.
Old 08-09-2011 at 10:35 AM   #17
HanPark9205

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moghue View Post
Have you worked with matrices before? That is the first road block most people have to deal with in this course.

The vectors part of this course (a whole chapter) is a complete review from highschool I found (calculating the distance from a point to a plane, etc.). Even if you don't remember anything, he will spend a whole lecture just talking about what a vector is, how it's made up of components, how to add/multiply, dot and cross product etc. So that section of the course was pretty easy.

It builds up pretty quickly though when you start to deal with Euclidean-n space (vectors in R^n, not just R^2, R^3). Also, the abstract part of this course (vector spaces, subspaces, dimension) requires a good understanding of vectors, so don't skip those lectures!
Ah sounds interesting!
Thanks again!
oh btw, by any chance, let me know if you are willing to sell your textbooks if u have not sold it yet!
Old 08-09-2011 at 10:40 AM   #18
Moghue

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanPark9205 View Post
Ah sounds interesting!
Thanks again!
oh btw, by any chance, let me know if you are willing to sell your textbooks if u have not sold it yet!
Ahh, I would but I'm taking Math 2R03 this fall and it requires the same textbook.

Yay for not having to buy new books!
Old 08-09-2011 at 10:58 AM   #19
HanPark9205

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moghue View Post
Ahh, I would but I'm taking Math 2R03 this fall and it requires the same textbook.

Yay for not having to buy new books!
hahaha i see
okayyy