History 3J03 nerual Academics 1 06-03-2012 11:41 AM
Art 3j03 c.sixteen Academics 0 04-02-2011 09:23 AM
Art 3J03? Mr.Prodigy Academics 0 11-30-2010 10:42 AM

LifeSci 3J03

Old 01-07-2015 at 09:22 PM   #1
PhysicalSci1

Liked: 0 Times

LifeSci 3J03
Hey! A lot of people on here are saying this is a heavily based physics course yet one of the prerequisites is kin 2yy3 (1yy3, 1aa3) I'm taking both at the same time so i was wondering if you really needed kin for this course?! thanksss
Old 01-07-2015 at 09:58 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalSci1 View Post
Hey! A lot of people on here are saying this is a heavily based physics course yet one of the prerequisites is kin 2yy3 (1yy3, 1aa3) I'm taking both at the same time so i was wondering if you really needed kin for this course?! thanksss
The kin courses don't cover physics at all...so if it's physics content you're worried about, the kin courses won't help you at all.
Old 01-08-2015 at 07:51 AM   #3
unman69

Liked: 3 Times

Hey OP!

I took it last year with Dowling. The fact that kin 2y03 and 2yy3 are a pre - req is a joke!!!
There was not a single aspect of anatomy involved... the anatomy that was used is so basic that those kin courses are completely unnecessary. Same for physiology. -
As for the physics, well it depends. Everyone said this was super easy , but it really wasn't.

He reuses alot of the same questions on the tests as the practice tutorial ones but dont be fooled by it. The problem sets he has have answers but he doesn't explain how he got that answer and where the steps came from. HE talks about random stuff in class and expects you to apply those concepts to random questions in the "online tutorial". Some where easy but some where super hard.

Honestly overall I would stay away from this course, it was really disappointing.
Old 01-08-2015 at 02:03 PM   #4
shelbs

Liked: 15 Times

Hm, I actually disagree with the previous poster. I really enjoyed this class but I also really like physics and liked learning interesting real life applications. Dr. Dowling was very helpful in office hours and in Friday classes he went over examples and questions that students were confused about, so while the problem sets had (only) the final answer, he was very willing to show all his steps if need be. Maybe I found this course easy/enjoyable because I am pretty comfortable with the physics already, but I suppose I can see why it might have been more difficult for someone who isn't and needs a more complete explanation of how to answer various types of questions.

That being said, to answer the OPs original question, you will be 100% fine taking kin at the same time. You really don't need that background information at all. Good luck in the course!