MacInsiders Logo
Old 11-16-2010 at 09:38 PM   #1
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

A lil somethin

Take a look at this. And maybe this. You probably don't have that much patience, so you're most likely only gonna watch the first couple seconds or so.

Now, what if I tell you that none of it is real? None of it.
It's all CGI. You're gonna watch the entire thing now, aren't you?

Pretty amazing isn't it? Soooo much detail. The guy sure has a ton of talent. And patience. I can't imagine how many months that took to render, especially the longer video.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-16-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Old 11-16-2010 at 09:56 PM   #2
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

dam that's crazy
Old 11-16-2010 at 10:01 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Wow that really IS amazing.. Makes me wonder what the future has in store for us.. Care to elaborate on CGI? I'm not exactly up to date with all this =/
Old 11-16-2010 at 10:04 PM   #4
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Wasted 57sec of my life. Desda liked it

Desda says thanks to xxsumz for this post.
Old 11-16-2010 at 10:06 PM   #5
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Wow that really IS amazing.. Makes me wonder what the future has in store for us.. Care to elaborate on CGI? I'm not exactly up to date with all this =/
Computer generated imagery. Basically, he drew/rendered that entire video from scratch (maybe a few stock images) on a computer.

My definition may not be entirely accurate, so you may want to check Wikipedia.

Also keep in mind that he may have also developed a particle physics engine to get the fruit splatter to react to realistically. When you take that into account, plus the camera angles and focus, it is really mind blowing.

EDIT: here's an except from Wikipedia, in case you don't wanna actually read up on it.
Quote:
CGI is used for visual effects because computer generated effects are more controllable than other more physically based processes, such as constructing miniatures for effects shots or hiring extras for crowd scenes, and because it allows the creation of images that would not be feasible using any other technology. It can also allow a single graphic artist to produce such content without the use of actors, expensive set pieces, or props.

xo.monica, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to SilentWalker for this post.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 11-16-2010 at 10:12 PM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
Computer generated imagery. Basically, he drew/rendered that entire video from scratch (maybe a few stock images) on a computer.

My definition may not be entirely accurate, so you may want to check Wikipedia.

Also keep in mind that he may have also developed a particle physics engine to get the fruit splatter to react to realistically. When you take that into account, plus the camera angles and focus, it is really mind blowing.

EDIT: here's an except from Wikipedia, in case you don't wanna actually read up on it.
Awesome! Thanks . I feel truly enlightened
Old 11-16-2010 at 10:48 PM   #7
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Wasted 57sec of my life. Desda liked it
Also wasted 57s of my life. But I liked it.

xxsumz says thanks to Desda for this post.
Old 11-17-2010 at 12:54 AM   #8
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

The old spice commercial is real